527     0 
News   Jul 15, 2024
 559     0 

Mel's revenge: City service cuts stupid, Lastman says

Lastman's comeback?

Image from Star article:

262092_3.JPG

=================================

He's always worth a laugh, but not much else.

I do agree that council should probably reverse their pay raise as a symbolic gesture, but otherwise I don't see much of his other ideas happening. He's even suggesting ideas that he himself failed at. Now that's stoooopid.

I've gotten to the point with all media --that includes major papers and TV. I don't get my news from there anymore. These "reporters" take the government line and crap it directly onto paper and I'm just sick-to-death of it. Such flawed, often contemptuous reporting.

Sing it, sister!

seems like dalton is having a laugh in that photo as well

Thats because he can appreciate the humour in failed promises like mel

Why the hell is McGuinty at the opening of a furniture store?

One thing you got to hand to Lastman is that he's a clown, he knows it and at least he doesn't take himself too seriously. Half of city council is equally clownish but they take themselves seriously and hence just come off as dicks (stand up Mr. Vaughn, Mr. Moscoe, Mr. Ford etc.).

Oh yeah, you think you got it bad in Toronto?

Mississauga Council is so bad even some of the FEMALES come off as dicks!

Signed,
The (Count your Blessings) Mississauga Muse

What I don't get is how the hell has the city's budget grown by $1.5 billion in four years? What exactly are we getting for that amount?

higher wages for the unionized workers doing the same work as before.

Originally Posted by Blixtein
What I don't get is how the hell has the city's budget grown by $1.5 billion in four years? What exactly are we getting for that amount?

I'd like to know too. I suspect it's the designs for the waterfront :rolleyes:

That's the point. You've got to wonder how many people really know where all the stash is going to. $1.5 billion. Who audits whether it's spent intelligently?

Seriously. Who looks into municipalities? Having watched our councillors in action, it seems to me that few know how the money's really spent and I've been there hearing them complain that staff isn't giving them detailed information.

The reality is the real power at any city is Staff. After all, they have the information.

Exactly. Ever seen the show "Yes, Prime Minister"? It illustrates this point in depressingly amusing detail.

Better paid and more numerous city employees. Now doesn't that make you feel better?

Back