News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 383     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Whoever that might be if "Ford Nation" are actually ~30% of the population then they deserve representation too. (Nauseating as it may be).
Yes, but they deserve a better representative than James Sears, who I think if given political power would squander it or use it to persecute perceived enemies.

The disheartening part of it all is that people are more willing to scorch the earth of their (political) enemy’s taint than vote for someone with their interests truly at heart.

Yes, but they deserve a better representative than James Sears, who I think if given political power would squander it or use it to persecute perceived enemies.

The disheartening part of it all is that people are more willing to scorch the earth of their (political) enemy’s taint than vote for someone with their interests truly at heart.

Though keep in mind re any fear-mongering about Sears is that by and large, "Ford" Council candidates in 2014 flopped badly, way underpolling DoFo himself. (And that includes Sears, even though he was too loathesome to even be endorsed by your usual Neil Flagg types.)

Yes, the Flagg brigade ran a slate of candidates and none of them won.
Flagg thought he was clever with his “43 Down: Frances Can Stay” site. Why Ezra Levant thought Flagg had any cachet after that failure is beyond me. He hasn’t put up anything on the Rebel since 2016, so I guess Ezra eventually caught on.

From link:

City addresses concerns about lack of street plowing

Toronto mayor John Tory addressed complaints about the lack of snow plows on city streets as police respond to numerous collisions overnight and throughout the day. The OPP report more than 1,400 crashes this weekend alone in the region.

I can understand why they are not plowing the streets because the snow windrows may cover the sewer grates and cause flooding. HOWEVER, they should be plowing the sidewalks. Unless there is a sewer grate on the sidewalk, which I sure haven't seen any. The Mayor and Councillors still looking at the automobile first instead of the pedestrian.

I can understand why they are not plowing the streets because the snow windrows may cover the sewer grates and cause flooding. HOWEVER, they should be plowing the sidewalks. Unless there is a sewer grate on the sidewalk, which I sure haven't seen any. The Mayor and Councillors still looking at the automobile first instead of the pedestrian.
Yup. I walk to work and the sidewalks, even along Yonge, were a mess (except for certain businesses, who had obviously cleaned their own section). And maybe this is part of the not plowing the streets, but, at every corner, trying to step off the curb to cross, I was up to my ankles in slush. Usually that only happens at certain corners with bad drainage. This time it was every corner.

Yup. I walk to work and the sidewalks, even along Yonge, were a mess (except for certain businesses, who had obviously cleaned their own section). And maybe this is part of the not plowing the streets, but, at every corner, trying to step off the curb to cross, I was up to my ankles in slush. Usually that only happens at certain corners with bad drainage. This time it was every corner.

This returns to the only sidewalk plowing in the "outer" old cities rule. Unfortunately, today (and yesterday) no sidewalk plowing of any kind have been seen... ...yet. All sidewalks should be plowed by the city, starting with the corners.

Reactions: DSC
A CP24 reported talked about a man who asked her if she had any information because he was unable to locate his wife and no one would tell him anything. I can't even imagine what he and others, like you, are going through. It is heart-breaking, and frightening, and senseless.

Back