363     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1.1K     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

From the Toronto media website, at this link, on the van incident:

Toronto Police Services
  • Police are requesting the assistance of the public who may have witnessed this incident.
  • Anyone with information is asked to please call the investigative hotline at 416-808-8750. A web portal has been opened for anyone who is able to submit photos and/or videos of the incident to https://222tips.com/.
  • A separate hotline for anyone missing a friend or family member is 416-808-8085.
  • Police are also asking the public to please refrain from calling 9-1-1 unless they are in a life or death emergency.
  • Visit the Toronto Police Services news release page for updates: http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/

Tory’s comment about us being diverse and inclusionary was bizarre. How is that pertinent to the issue at hand?
Because the absolute worst of humanity were exploiting this attack within hours to further their anti-immigration and anti-multiculturalism narrative. Even a hydro vault explosion once had the Twitter creeps claiming that Toronto had a terror attack, had no-go zones, etc. So please forgive the mayor for making a brief statement to reassure people in this city who not only witnessed a brutal attack, but then also have to bear the brunt of irrational and unfounded resentment.

Last edited:
Because the absolute worst of humanity were exploiting this attack within hours to further their anti-immigration and anti-multiculturalism narrative. Even a hydro vault explosion once had the Twitter creeps claiming that Toronto had a terror attack, had no-go zones, etc. So please forgive the mayor for making a brief statement to reassure people in this city who not only witnessed a brutal attack, but then also have to bear the brunt of irrational and unfounded resentment.
I don't know if those who exploit bad things for their own agendas are actually worse than the people who committed the deeds. That said I heard some crazy racist stuff today in regards to this incident which is what I am sure Tory was well aware was going to happen.

I don't know if those who exploit bad things for their own agendas are actually worse than the people who committed the deeds. That said I heard some crazy racist stuff today in regards to this incident which is what I am sure Tory was well aware was going to happen.
Don't have to look any further than Sue Ann Levy's twitter feed. But she can't be racist because, in her words "I especially love when the intolerant left pulls out the alt-right card on me ... a Jewish lesbian."

Don't have to look any further than Sue Ann Levy's twitter feed. But she can't be racist because, in her words "I especially love when the intolerant left pulls out the alt-right card on me ... a Jewish lesbian."

Thankfully, being a terrible human being is open to all races, ethnicities, religions, sexualities and creed.

AoD

Last edited:
And this purveyor of Twitter Twattle is not an Ultra-Zionist either.

She is still holding onto the possibility that the guy is some ISIS terrorist, even though Armenians are almost all Christian.
That doesn’t answer my question. How does that or anything else she has said result in her hating Muslims? Sounds like tiffer24 is projecting. When one accuses someone of something, they better back that up with substantial evidence.

That doesn’t answer my question. How does that or anything else she has said result in her hating Muslims? Sounds like tiffer24 is projecting. When one accuses someone of something, they better back that up with substantial evidence.

From the article, there's obvious bias:

If the motive turns out to be different this time, nobody deserves to be chastised for having instinctively assumed, when the news broke, that the Toronto massacre was related to religion. Given the long litany of ISIL-inspired van attacks (listed on a full page in Tuesday’s National Post, with one of them, committed outside a London mosque, the work of a non-Muslim man claiming he was avenging an Islamist attack), such a leap is not a sign of “Islamophobia.” Patterns lead to prediction. That is the history of human survival.

Why not leap to white supremacy, given Charlottesville? Why not leap to PTSD veterans, given the 2017 Times Square ramming? Why not leap to Australians in general, given the 4 different non-"Muslim Terrorism" ramming attacks in Perth and Melbourne since December of 2017?

No, she just says "it's okay to think it was Muslims".

I'm not familiar with her, so I googled "Does Barbara Kay hate Muslims" and found a couple of interesting articles. Try it, it's enlightening.

From the article, there's obvious bias:

Why not leap to white supremacy, given Charlottesville? Why not leap to PTSD veterans, given the 2017 Times Square ramming? Why not leap to Australians in general, given the 4 different non-"Muslim Terrorism" ramming attacks in Perth and Melbourne since December of 2017?

No, she just says "it's okay to think it was Muslims".

Name one person who isn’t biased. Everyone is. Every photo is taken from a particular angle.

Why not make the leaps you suggested? Because the vast majority of terrorist attacks committed are by Muslims. No one denies that there are exceptions, but it is a natural response/observation for people to assume a particular identity when there is a notorious history of terror and violence that points in a certain direction. It is an understandable reaction, even if it is false. That is what she seems to be saying. Let’s not assume the moral high ground. We have all jumped to conclusions without evidence to buttress our predictions. I don’t think the majority of our culture would immediately look to the incident in question and observe its specific nature (ramming attack) and draw comparisons to other ramming attacks. Most people aren’t thinking with such nuance. I think the initial reaction most people have to any act of terror is to look to where (which ideology) most of the chaos in the world is coming from.

Barbara Kay is a columnist with a large national newspaper. She spent her entire column on Tuesday referencing Muslim attacks. There was no Muslim attack in North York on Monday. A white mass murderer with a hatred of women ran people down on Yonge street instead. She didn't talk about that.
Armenians aren’t really white, but I digress.

Your point about hatred still doesn’t stand. You can’t just loosely throw around slanderous accusations about someone, without evidence, and expect that to stick. You are assuming that her motive for said article was predicated on hatred. You’re attacking a straw man. Only she knows why she wrote that article. I am not even really defending it. My contention is directed at your black and white deduction.

Armenians aren’t really white, but I digress.

Your point about hatred still doesn’t stand. You can’t just loosely throw around slanderous accusations about someone, without evidence, and expect that to stick. You are assuming that her motive for said article was predicated on hatred. You’re attacking a straw man. Only she knows why she wrote that article. I am not even really defending it. My contention is directed at your black and white deduction.

There are problems here:

Putting aside that 'white' as with any other colour is a non-sensical construct (race does not really exist; complexion varies).........

If one were to accept (which I don't) the construct in question, 'white' was a derivative or associative term for Caucasian which explicitly covers Armenia.

See the following articles:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasian_race

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caucasus

Back to the issue at hand.

Ms. Kay's column chooses not to provide a balanced list of terrorist acts, committed by non-Muslims.

It also manages to conclude with the following quote:

"But I will cop to extreme selfishness in saying I would have preferred it this had been an act of jihadism or something else linked to a clear ideology or cause. Because I like to be able to think about things in the long term. I prefer mental order to mental chaos."

If not hatred, it certainly praises simplistic thinking that can be described as dangerous and likely to promote hatred.

In fact, she also said this, earlier in the article:

"So when we learn that an attack is based in ideology — whether it’s jihadism or even the terrorism perpetrated by the Baader-Meinhof gang in the 1970s and ’80s — we at least have something positive to do with our grief. We can transmute it into white-hot anger."

White hot anger is productive?

The most charitable thing I can say is that statement is idiotic and reckless.

My fellow poster may or may not have over-stepped their knowledge in characterizing Ms. Kay's motives, but the evidence would suggest she prizes anger and simplistic thought, at the expense of nuance and understanding.

Its not a far leap from there to hatred.

Why not leap to Australians in general, given the 4 different non-"Muslim Terrorism" ramming attacks in Perth and Melbourne since December of 2017?

Don't worry, I got this angle covered. I already know Aussies are mad. Wasn't even aware of these ramming attacks either. Then again, I already knew Barbara Kay was mad before this article.

I wonder how she'll feel when it is confirmed that it was, in fact, a terrorist attack perpetrated in the name of a movement of mentally ill people instead of a religion.

Back