News   Apr 25, 2024
 251     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 805     2 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 813     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

If we're using the Tooker 2000 barometer of "no one credible", I'd bet much higher than 60%.

Quick question for those who followed the 2000 election. Why didn't the left rally behind a serious contender? I recall Gomberg being a very fringe candidate who many people voted for as an anti-Mel protest vote. Was Lastman that popular?

Uggh...what does that say about the kind of city most Torontonians want? How depressing.
IMHO, polls are useless for the most part but if Dougie wins then I would rather Tory be mayor, remember the hate Dougie has for Tory. Dougie lost to him and Tory called him out as an asshole when Dougie decided to make things personal instead of just on their professional record.

Uggh...what does that say about the kind of city most Torontonians want? How depressing.

Wait, this poll says it or the fact that Rob Ford got elected mayor said it?

Whatever you're implying has already been said, I'm afraid. Loud and clear AF.

Not surprising given there are no known major candidates running against him. Tory will win re-election. The cards are aligned and no one will run again him this time. 2022 look out. Someone will need to come in and clean up the mess left by 4 years of austerity and heavy cuts by Tory+Ford.

Tory is the only one that I know of that is running for mayor and he has a head start being the incumbent. I can't imagine he'll lose but I'm not writing anyone else off yet.

Sarah Climenhaga and James Sears have also said they are running, but they are minor candidates.
Neo-Nazi, Dimitri-the-misogynist, “Your Ward Screed” James Sears?

Minor? Without a Ford in the running, you never know who the Ford Nation ignorants will throw their vote to.

Minor? Without a Ford in the running, you never know who the Ford Nation ignorants will throw their vote to.

Whoever that might be if "Ford Nation" are actually ~30% of the population then they deserve representation too. (Nauseating as it may be).

Back