News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.6K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 467     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Everyone running for mayor was obligated to create some transit plan. I knew that none of them would happen as described.

David Rider @dmrider
#Toronto city council approves new four-year contract with @cupelocal79 inside workers by a vote of 37-0.

Another strike averted!

Last edited:
In case you thought the FF Nation and Col. Flagg stopped showing the love for a post Ford mayoral-ship...

160316-0001.png

http://www.zoomerradio.ca/…/big-changes-at-toronto-star-as…/

Attachments

• 160316-0001.png
    160316-0001.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 432
Strobel really needs to fact check his copy or hire someone to do the job.

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/07/panda-summit-what-about-jobs

The issues of jobs, etc. in the city, prov. and country are important but he should leave his intimacy issues and insecurities out of things.

He's working for a newspaper that's one year from bankruptcy and now operates out of a broom closet. When he talks about "job creation" he means where will he work when that tabloid folds, because what else does "job creation" mean if he doesn't elaborate?

So with the big news regarding Ford's passing, that leaves a council spot vacant.

What will be done about this? It is still early enough in the term that a by-election can be called. Tory could also potentially end the Ford dynasty by appointing another individual to the council chamber in a slightly undemocratic move. Anyone know the precedents for doing so mid-way through the term?

So with the big news regarding Ford's passing, that leaves a council spot vacant.

What will be done about this? It is still early enough in the term that a by-election can be called. Tory could also potentially end the Ford dynasty by appointing another individual to the council chamber in a slightly undemocratic move. Anyone know the precedents for doing so mid-way through the term?

They'll be councillor for 20+ months; a by-election should be held. If it was under a year then I might agree with an appointment.

I'm sure John Tory is secretly breathing a sigh of relief today. Now with "Ford Nation" no longer being a factor in the next election, he really should stop pandering to them completely.

They could parade out any member of the family in 2018 and all of those people would still vote for them. However, Tory is well liked and incumbency is a powerful thing, so I don't think he will have a problem winning a second term.

I'm sure John Tory is secretly breathing a sigh of relief today. Now with "Ford Nation" no longer being a factor in the next election, he really should stop pandering to them completely.

God did what John couldn't. Congratulations, you've finally won.

Adma wins the UT fantasy pool. Dreams do come true for some people after all?

Don't count your ducks before they lay in a row.

Back