News   Aug 13, 2024
 228     0 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 867     2 
News   Aug 12, 2024
 2K     0 

Mayor John Tory's Toronto

Finally someone has stood up to stress this important fact that Scarborough politicians willfully ignore.
However, that leaves a shit load of people who do travel outside of Scarborough to downtown, Pickering, Stouffville, and Markham for example as well as the reciprocal.

The Scarborough transit puzzle... is not being solved today.

StrashinCBC 12:52pm via Twitter for BlackBerry
Tory: half the people living Scarborough don't travel outside of Scarborough. Then why are we proposing 2 new ways to get downtown?

People are already suggesting that that means the other half of Scarborough's population actually do travel downtown, but I guess Tory is implying that two new transit links from Scarborough to downtown would be overkill, especially given the current strain on lines 1 and 2, even without yesterday's disruption. I'm not sure he really gets that, though, or maybe he's wary of saying it out loud.

Last edited:
Avoiding strikes is easy. Give them everything they're asking for; even Ford knew how to do that (in perpetuity too for TTC).

I've not seen the agreement details yet to know whether it's actually a win for Tory or not.

I read last night that the union made concessions, so the city did get their way.

Strobel really needs to fact check his copy or hire someone to do the job.
...Now, before you say, “but they’re soooooo cute!” consider the dark side of pandas. They can tear your head off. They’re bears, for crying out loud. In the wild they have been known to engage in group sex. One studly specimen was observed mating 48 times in three hours. Do the math, fellas, then go curl up in a corner.
Still, most of you want to climb in the cage and hug those two-toned Winnie the Poohs. I don’t recommend it. At least, not until the cubs grow up...
http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/07/panda-summit-what-about-jobs

The issues of jobs, etc. in the city, prov. and country are important but he should leave his intimacy issues and insecurities out of things.

Back