News   Jun 14, 2024
 2.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.7K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 843     0 

M1 + M2 + Metropolis + Parkside Condos (Liberty Development) - Real Estate -

When can we get pre-approvals for mortgages? I'm guessing the buildings will be registered in the next little while so we will have to get mortgages and pay off the outstanding balance correct?

Pre-approvals can last 90 days so can I go about shopping for rates now?

When can we get pre-approvals for mortgages? I'm guessing the buildings will be registered in the next little while so we will have to get mortgages and pay off the outstanding balance correct?

Pre-approvals can last 90 days so can I go about shopping for rates now?

hey bignasty- Many banks offer 120 day pre-approvals. They 'say' the building should be registering in the next few months, but there are numerous factors that can delay that. If you shop around and it doesnt close within the window, its not the end of the world. Just means having to start the application process over again.

Had a question for those of you that have painted. I am considering painting my unit and debating whether I should paint myself or hire a painter. Unit is 747 sq feet and would not be painting both bathrooms and kitchen, baseboard or ceilings. Just wondering if anyone has a similar size unit and had it painted. If they did, please let me know approx. how much you paid.

Had a question for those of you that have painted. I am considering painting my unit and debating whether I should paint myself or hire a painter. Unit is 747 sq feet and would not be painting both bathrooms and kitchen, baseboard or ceilings. Just wondering if anyone has a similar size unit and had it painted. If they did, please let me know approx. how much you paid.

i painted myself for around $400 (roughly the same square footage as you, but i painted all the walls; hall, main room, bedroom, den, both bathrooms)

give or take $300 for the pain and the rest was brushes, rollers, drop clothes, painters tape, etc.

i could probably have done it cheaper but i'm a crappy painter and probably used too much paint, wasted a lot of tape, etc.

bottom line, painting SUCKS and if you can afford to pay someone else to do it, GO FOR IT

*** also remember when you paint the room, YOU WILL NOTICE EVERY SINGLE IMPERFECTION.... if you pay someone else to do it and aren't around when it's done, you'll likely be happier with the end result ***

i painted myself for around $400 (roughly the same square footage as you, but i painted all the walls; hall, main room, bedroom, den, both bathrooms)

give or take $300 for the pain and the rest was brushes, rollers, drop clothes, painters tape, etc.

i could probably have done it cheaper but i'm a crappy painter and probably used too much paint, wasted a lot of tape, etc.

bottom line, painting SUCKS and if you can afford to pay someone else to do it, GO FOR IT

*** also remember when you paint the room, YOU WILL NOTICE EVERY SINGLE IMPERFECTION.... if you pay someone else to do it and aren't around when it's done, you'll likely be happier with the end result ***

Thanks for your input

I may be mistaken, but I dont know if the hydro kicks in till registration is done.

Nope, where you not informed when you got your keys that you would pay for hydro from the day you move in. This is why we got all our hydro docs at that time, or else they would of given them to us at registration. Im going into the 5th month of no bill so I am not looking forward to that bill. you think they will be ok with me not paying on time since they didnt bill me on time? HA!

Any luck with hydro bills for anyone??

Hey Guys,

Just got my first Hydro bill yesterday. Billing was from Jull 22 to Oct 10 for me. For that 2 and a half month period it was about $150 with taxes for me. There is also a $100 deposit (I think this may vary depending on if you have had Toronto Hydro before) and a $30 or $35 one time activiation fee (can't remmeber which it was).

Also, I noticed I was charged one flat rate of 6.5 cents per KwH. I called Toronto Hydro this morning and they said time of use meters are installed in our building but have not been activated yet. They said they will give us notice before they are actually activiated. I guess there was no need yet to do all my laundry and running the dishwasher at nights and on weekends. Oh well...

Back