News   Jul 08, 2024
 9     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 372     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 3.2K     0 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
October 14 2009 update

Southwest Elevation
Click to Enlarge

I have been wondering something about the crane.

Why does it appear to be going through the floors? Is it? Will they just redo/fill in etc those floors when all is done and the crane is taking down?

Does the crane just get cranked up when they need it higher?

Obviously I am not familiar with how cranes work etc.

i notice it is being cranked up as it gets higher and there are supports in between the floors below the base of the crane

Oct 18

IMG_oct-18-09-0165.jpg

Looks like they're working on the 20th floor now for LVT. They're also now working on the first level above grade for the loft/townhome section and Bliss.

Lots of progress hopefully its topped out by the end of the year.

Anyone know when they will start putting up glass or cladding on the building? Is it strange that they havent started yet?

It is strange as normally they start when the cement structure's around 8 stories. Perhaps they're waiting for Bliss to do some catchup so that they can bring in the cladding crew at the same time?

Just seems like it will put the project behind... Looking at ZIP which is also 24 floors, they were topping out end of may / early june and already had half 12+ floors of cladding/glass done and it was 6months from then before the first floors started moving in...

I'm not sure how many units are un ZIP but LVT does look bigger as ZIP is quite slim and narrow above the 10th or so floor...

How long do you figure it will it take to do all the glass work / complete the inside before lower floors start moving in?

we'll probably hear something from the builder in the spring regarding our move in dates.
i think they're already pouring concrete for the 20th floor now

Ya that's what it looked like from the start of this week.

Bliss and the mid-section look like they're going full steam on the first level across the board too.

Does anyone know how many levels up the mid section and or the connection section goes on the Liberty Towers side.. Its hard to tell from the renders...

You should get updated tentative closing dates as soon as the roof structure is finished which, if it's currently on 20 should be sometime in early January.

It looks like the 3 story connector between the lofts and LVT starts on the "labelled" 2nd floor (which is 3 stories up at the south end because of the declining slope and 2 story lobby).

That's what I thought, your referring to the platform walk across connection right? I was trying to figure out if if any part of the townhome/loft section connected at the front of the building along East Liberty but I can't find a good render which shows it.

Back