News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.6K     5 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 542     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Maybe more properly speaking, aimed at ex-ravers now entering their 30s and settling down...

They've trade marked "liberty." I wonder if G. W. Bush is aware?

It's time that the word "fashionista" is retired.

Oh My Dear God! They mention shoe shopping in the sell for their condo!!!!

Shouldn't the tag line read "So just ask mom and dad for 159,900, and you can move in tomorrow".

Sorry, sarcasm overload.

"Give me Liberty, shoe shopping on Queen West, vanilla latte in the park, urban decor, big city views, a nail boutique, and a 24/7 Dominion or give me death."
- Patrick Henry (1736-99 )

Bliss

In the Condo Guide they advertise 'views to die for'. This is the proposed site for the Shaw-Pirandello tunnel. I asked Pantelone why a tunnel and not a bridge or level crossing considering it's already 3 and a half metres above the rails. He said that a pedestrian bridge would be awful to look at out your 2nd floor balconey.

So apparently the "to die for views" of the rail corridor (availbable from the 2nd floor) would be interrupted by people walking and biking back and forth. It appears when blissful views interrupt bliss people get hidden underground. Guess they'll have to drive to Queen West to buy their shoes.

Re: Bliss

^somehow I can't imagine any bridge looking worse than a tunnel, unless you only care about the views from the neighbouring buildings and not the actual pedestrians.

Re: Bliss

The attitude in this city constantly disappoints me. If people in this city would take their heads out of their asses they would realize that this is a great opportunity to add a bridge with some architectural flair. Didn't Alsop design a bridge to be used with his Westside Lofts project?

liberty Village

Yes, but wanting a bridge and even paying for one doesn't guarantee that a pedestrian bridge will be allowed. The city may be in favour of them but they're often not willing to fight for them the way they do for road crossings. The railways are well aware of this and can easily delay pedestrian crossings with threats and bluffs. That's probably another reason the city is building a long tunnel at Pirandello, in a part of Liberty Village built over a parking garage. The city no longer uses stairs on new pedestrian bridges and uses gradual ramps to accomodate wheel chairs. This will make the 7 metre incline very round-about. Even Pantelone has no idea how they will do it, but says that it will be nice looking like the Path system. Path uses stairs, escalators and elevators and has stores.

John Lorinc
www.europaconcorsi.com/db...p?id=10614

Re: liberty Village

Wouldn't it be lovely.

302386872_c01fa10082_o.jpg

^^lovely but highly impractical for this purpose - getting people over to King in the shortest amount of steps

money talks and with a tunnel probably costing 5 times that of a bridge if not more , I'm sure the end result will be a bridge or nothing

Even something low-key and simple like the new pedestrian bridge over the canal in Ottawa would work - I don't see how anyone could call that awful to look at.

Back