News   Jul 08, 2024
 248     0 
News   Jul 08, 2024
 603     0 
News   Jul 05, 2024
 3.2K     0 

Liberty Village Towers/Bliss (CanAlfa, 24 + 20s, IBI-HB)

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
Is that really the 9th floor theyre on now? I don't see how they could have gone from half the walls of floor 7 last weekend to finished 7 + 8 and half of 9 in a week.. I would says the the 8th floor max they're on now...

I'm knee deep in trying to determine what colors I want now... Its quite the process considering how many choices there are... I wish I had a sense of design lol.. Design an software infrastructure yes.. Condo... not so much.. :(

Thanks for the pic Solaris!

I saw it on Sunday afternoon and they were completing the northern portion of the 8th floor - you can see in the pic that they are on the 8th (although it might look higher as the first floor is only 1 story high at the northern end of the property and 2 stories high at the south end of the property). I wouldn't at all be surprised if they had started on the 9th by today.

Cool! They seems to be doing about 1 floor per week or so...

I have a question in terms of blueprints or architectural diagrams... Are they kept on file somewhere to view or see?

I am interested in determining where plumbing / electrical is in my unit... Or is the only way to find out to ask the developer?

There is next to no way that you will have access to plans, drawings, etc., but your best bet in terms of finding out information about your specific unit would be to go to the developer. Even that information however, might/will be subject to change since the building evolves as each new set of shop drawings will change details which a salesperson might argue are more permanent.

MattR, you could go to the counter at the City of Toronto Building Dept and ask to see the plans because they would have been filed there with the building permit application. I don't know what the success rate would be of viewing them, could be zero, but if you have the time and really wanted to know that would be one possible route. The other would be to go to the developer or even the main construction contractor.

i know that way back in the day, my parents got plans to their first home that they purchased pre-construction. this however, was a free-hold building v.s. a condo

There is next to no way that you will have access to plans, drawings, etc., but your best bet in terms of finding out information about your specific unit would be to go to the developer. Even that information however, might/will be subject to change since the building evolves as each new set of shop drawings will change details which a salesperson might argue are more permanent.

Why would new sets of shop drawings be necessary? How might a project change as it's built? Surely by the time they're building, the engineering and architecture is pretty much set in stone, no? Also, why wouldn't a developer allow you to see plans? Aren't you essentially purchasing them? If it's your place, how can they deny you?

Why would new sets of shop drawings be necessary? How might a project change as it's built? Surely by the time they're building, the engineering and architecture is pretty much set in stone, no? Also, why wouldn't a developer allow you to see plans? Aren't you essentially purchasing them? If it's your place, how can they deny you?

I know buildings go through multiple revisions, each requiring an amended set of shop drawings, because I produce and correct them. Each correction is then transferred to a set (usually 4 or 5) which is then sent out to the architects, developers, engineers and any external contractors who might need a copy.

Developers wouldn't want you to see detailed plans because things change. For example, perhaps your unit was supposed to have 10 electrical plugs - something which is shown on each set of drawings - but the completed project only has 6. The developer wouldn't want you seeing these revisions because you would most certainly take action - the easiest way to prevent this is to simply restrict access. It is your place and you are purchasing from them, but viewing plans is not a right and those in control of such plans basically dictate who can see them and who can't.

Marcus's suggestion is the closest you will get to seeing plans and elevations, but, short of knowing someone with a copy, you aren't seeing shop drawings.

Oct 06

IMG_oct-06-09-0098.jpg

IMG_oct-06-09-0119.jpg

IMG_oct-06-09-0133.jpg

IMG_oct-06-09-0134.jpg

IMG_oct-06-09-0137.jpg

IMG_oct-06-09-0138.jpg

IMG_oct-06-09-0166.jpg

October 12 2009 update

LVT now on the 16th floor ~

Click to Enlarge

Scaled Model

This is what I did on my Thanksgiving Monday ~ ;)

Click to Enlarge

The Recreational Complex

The Courtyard

The Townhouses @ LVT

The (curved roof) Architectural Feature

Liberty Village Overview

Back