Legacy, Ultra, Yorkland @ Heron's Hill Condos (Monarch Homes) - Real Estate

These points are identical in almost all agreements and the $600 doesnt seem to be a cap. I will appreciate if you could share what your lawyer says in terms of capping this up ? mine agreement looks exactly the same for both points 5 and 6.

5.1 (5) (ii) limits the cost of the hydro meter installation to $600.
5.1 (6) says responsible for usage. First part says responsible to installation costs, and the rest of it says responsible for payment and costs associated with the use and consumption. But just in case, I got them to do "the Purchaser may be responsible for any necessary installation costs which installation cost shall not exceed $600.00, as well as for payment and costs associated with the use and consumption of utility services..........."
5.1 (8) they capped it at $2000

Last edited:
5.1 (5) (ii) limits the cost of the hydro meter installation to $600.
5.1 (8) they capped it at $2000
Was speaking with a friend who also bought a place through same builder and it really seems like good to have it all capped, but the flip side is not too bad even, these are charges as they come from the service provider and are usually standard - no huge $$$ catch for the builder there

I'm a Legacy owner (first floor podium) and am really excited about the progress. I've noticed that they've branched from the tower to start the construction of the podium. My Tentative occupancy date was set for dec. 2nd 2010 but was pushed back to jan 14th 2011. Not a huge deal. I can live with 2 months.
Has anyone else purchased in the podium?
Also curious to know what type of retail outlets would be placed on the Sheppard side of the podium if anyone has any speculation?

Thanks everyone. q:0)

Which suite did you purchase? How many sq. ft? Mine is 535 and worry it is going to be too small. Is yours two levels also?

Which suite did you purchase? How many sq. ft? Mine is 535 and worry it is going to be too small. Is yours two levels also?

I purchased the Bryant.610. (610sq.ft). It's 1 floor single bedroom with an aprox. 30' x 11' terrace/patio facing south. I was originally looking at the loft, but was advised not to because of the square footage of the stairway is accounted for in the total square footage of the unit, so it's pretty much like wasted space. So the 530sq.ft loft is actually more like 500 since you can't use any of the stairway square footage. I also didn't like the fact that you get the space saver appliances in the lofts with smaller kitchens.

This is all personal preference though. I think the lofts are a cool design, but just think my suite will work better for me. It sounds like you'll be one of my close neighbours though. :D

I purchased the Bryant.610. (610sq.ft). It's 1 floor single bedroom with an aprox. 30' x 11' terrace/patio facing south. I was originally looking at the loft, but was advised not to because of the square footage of the stairway is accounted for in the total square footage of the unit, so it's pretty much like wasted space. So the 530sq.ft loft is actually more like 500 since you can't use any of the stairway square footage. I also didn't like the fact that you get the space saver appliances in the lofts with smaller kitchens.

This is all personal preference though. I think the lofts are a cool design, but just think my suite will work better for me. It sounds like you'll be one of my close neighbours though. :D

Yes, we will as this is going to be my main resident and not for rental or investment. Have you read the other thread about the individual meters? http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=9832&page=8 Do you remember hearing anything from the Sales Rep about having to pay for the installation of these meters?

Yes, we will as this is going to be my main resident and not for rental or investment. Have you read the other thread about the individual meters? http://urbantoronto.ca/showthread.php?t=9832&page=8 Do you remember hearing anything from the Sales Rep about having to pay for the installation of these meters?

Ya this will be my main residence as well. This is my first home purchase.

Hmm...that rings a bell and sounds very familiar. I was aware of it now that you remind me, but I know when i purchased i had some things changed due to the advice of my lawyer. It's been over a year since I purchased so I can't remember everything right now. I'd have to have a look at my papers again.

It's too bad i cant jump in and do it myself, to save a buck, since i'm an electrician...lol I'm going to be doing some of my own electrical though such as valence lights and light installations. I had them install a switch and power on the back splash of my kitchen and i'll just do my valence light installation myself. I think in the end it saves me about $1000 (give or take).

I'll try and have a look about the meter thing over the weekend sometime. I'm heading out to enjoy the weather. Have a good weekend everyone. :)

There was something in the adjustments section of the agreement regarding that. I remember getting some caps put in.

If you can afford the southeast or southwest facing units @ Ultra ... I in fact think they are spectacular floorplans, even better than the ones at Emerald City, perhaps the best ones I've seen around the City

Jsut something random thats catching my eye, on the website for certain units the availability is written as 5-21 and then 21-38 floors. Why have they written it this way - this might really be nothing but i am thinking could there be reason to that ? http://www.taylormorrison.com/Community.aspx?CommunityID=434

Also is there any thing bad about exact 21st floor (which will be 20th floor in case of Ultra) being right in the middle of the building ? I mean is there something good or bad about living right on 21st right in the middle ?? just wondering

Jsut something random thats catching my eye, on the website for certain units the availability is written as 5-21 and then 21-38 floors. Why have they written it this way - this might really be nothing but i am thinking could there be reason to that ? http://www.taylormorrison.com/Community.aspx?CommunityID=434

Also is there any thing bad about exact 21st floor (which will be 20th floor in case of Ultra) being right in the middle of the building ? I mean is there something good or bad about living right on 21st right in the middle ?? just wondering

If you would notice the apartment numbers are different on each level (until 21 it is unit 7 but from 22 onwards the same unit is unit number 6, I am guessing that's the only reason for listing them in 2 snaps. Also i dont think theres anything bad about being right in the middle of the building !!!! 21st in this case unless you are afraid of heights :p

If you would notice the apartment numbers are different on each level (until 21 it is unit 7 but from 22 onwards the same unit is unit number 6, I am guessing that's the only reason for listing them in 2 snaps. Also i\
One other question ?? Why are some lines marking the borders of the room/unit thin and the rest are THICKENED ? does that signify something as well ?

One other question ?? Why are some lines marking the borders of the room/unit thin and the rest are THICKENED ? does that signify something as well ?

In these 'presentation drawings' ... the THICKENED wall line generally denotes a structural wall (typically concrete and usually divide units from one another), whereas the thin wall lines are likely drywall partitions

Structural walls may not be removed as the overall building depends on it to remain standing, while non-structural walls may be shifted around as one desires (if the builder lets you)

For example, the Vista 887 suite has both types of walls inside the unit. In this instance, it is 'possible' that Monarch may allow a purchaser to modify the floor plan and open up the second bedroom to create a larger living+dining room (though that request is rare):

b683050f-1784-46c8-ab59-6e8f4c8e0942_floorPlan.jpg

In these 'presentation drawings' ... the THICKENED wall line generally denotes a structural wall (typically concrete and usually divide units from one another), whereas the thin wall lines are likely drywall partitions

Structural walls may not be removed as the overall building depends on it to remain standing, while non-structural walls may be shifted around as one desires (if the builder lets you)[/IMG]

Thank You for sharing this information. Its really amazing how much information one learns while posting on this forum. Much appreciated.

9f87fc16-9232-4ad0-bd67-f85007aec150_floorPlan.jpg

My thoughts on the Vista 713 suite:

PROs
  • nice southerly exposure
  • lovely balcony size (24'6 x 5')
  • large walk-in closet

CONs
  • narrow long hallway walking into the unit ... not very inviting and wasted sq.ft.
  • I really really hate interior bedrooms (with no exterior windows), this suite should really be qualified as a 1 Bedroom + Den
  • lack of balcony privacy, adjoined with neighbours on both sides
  • very little kitchen counter space, there's not even an island
  • no defined kitchen area, it's just a hybrid kitchen/living/dining space

Back