News   Apr 26, 2024
 244     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 427     0 

Jasonzed's myDrone Activity of Toronto and Area

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx Jason:

Missie is building more towers of course but does it have any chance of evolving into a slightly urban city with real street level engagement (20 -30 years in the future)... one street could start it off.

Guess I'm dreaming given car culture and squares and plazas.

I suspect that the Little Fella (and his (her?) fans) would appreciate a visit to the excavations at the Lower Don sometime. Aerial views are really the only way to appreciate the scope of this project and it is now moving north across Commissioners and west across Cherry (when T&T closes).

Thx Jason:

Missie is building more towers of course but does it have any chance of evolving into a slightly urban city with real street level engagement (20 -30 years in the future)... one street could start it off.

They're making their job quite difficult by failing to break up those 'super blocks'. I hope they succeed but I suspect the end product will fall short.

I suspect that the Little Fella (and his (her?) fans) would appreciate a visit to the excavations at the Lower Don sometime. Aerial views are really the only way to appreciate the scope of this project and it is now moving north across Commissioners and west across Cherry (when T&T closes).

The little guy wouldn't mind but my new drone will not take-off from the Lower Don, the software is preventing it due to the proximity to the city airport.

• Sad
Reactions: DSC
Thx Jason:

Mississauga as a whole, no but from Port Credit to MCC to Britannia Farms I would say yes.

Now I know why the local pigeons were on edge. The Toronto Hawk (lower left hand corner), stealthy bugger, almost downed the drone but luckily, for me, he/she showed some mercy. The hawk approached from underneath and then swooped upward until it was two feet in front of it but realized it was not prey, so it stopped , hovered, turned around, and flew away. I was looking at my monitor when it suddenly appeared, it was quite heart-pounding. It was epic!. A hawk downed one of my drones a couple of years ago over the Credit River in Streetsville but I did not get any pictures.

Edit: It was actually an owl...even better.

DJI_0590.JPG
owl.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back