News   Mar 18, 2024
 732     0 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 2.5K     4 
News   Mar 18, 2024
 767     0 

Jarvis and Dundas

So all these unsophisticated socioeconomic climbers bought cheaply in this area/Cabbagetown BECAUSE of the homeless and junkies around, and now all of a sudden shelters are a bad thing? That's just silly.

You make false assumptions, revealing your own agenda. All you'd have to do is look at property prices in the area to dispell your myths.
get off your high horse and invite a shelter to your neighbourhood.

You make false assumptions, revealing your own agenda. All you'd have to do is look at property prices in the area to dispell your myths.
get off your high horse and invite a shelter to your neighbourhood.

Speaking of false assumptions.....you'd know about that wouldn't ya?

Greek restaurant Ruru has recently opened in the former Mutual Street Deli space. They're currently only open for lunch and apparently is owned/run by the family who owned Mutual St. Deli prior to 2011.

HOEM on Jarvis, the new Ryerson residence, has opened. The ground floor is still under construction.

Sky Stars (formerly Mounties) has removed the bars from their window. That place is still a mystery to me - who is their target clientele exactly?

Still waiting for a good brunch place to open up.

Greek restaurant Ruru has recently opened in the former Mutual Street Deli space. They're currently only open for lunch and apparently is owned/run by the family who owned Mutual St. Deli prior to 2011.

HOEM on Jarvis, the new Ryerson residence, has opened. The ground floor is still under construction.

Sky Stars (formerly Mounties) has removed the bars from their window. That place is still a mystery to me - who is their target clientele exactly?

Still waiting for a good brunch place to open up.

When I pass by Sky Stars in the evening, I get the feeling that's its trying to be a cleaned up version of Mounties - still a place for the long-time locals to meet up and have a beer, but in a less grungy atmosphere and a bit more food-focused.

I miss the old Mutual Street Deli, so I'll try the Greek place sometime, and I'm glad to know it has the old MSD ownership. It would be nice if they were open for dinner though, at least until 7:30.

Grid is going into occupancy now (or at least very soon) - hopefully the new residents will inject a bit more retail viability in the area. Once Dundas Square Gardens opens especially though I imagine a lot more places will be opening. The two buildings combined will bring about 3,000 new people to the intersection.

So all these unsophisticated socioeconomic climbers bought cheaply in this area/Cabbagetown BECAUSE of the homeless and junkies around, and now all of a sudden shelters are a bad thing? That's just silly.

LOL, get a clue. This neighbourhood is one of the most expensive in Ontario...and has been for decades!

The bike lanes along Shuter are being upgraded with cycle tracks proposed between Bond and River Streets. This will result in a decrease in parking spots, but more robust cycling infrastructure. There's a public drop-in event planned for Tuesday, Jan 21st between 6 and 8 pm at the Regent Park Community Centre, or you can review the plans and submit comments online at toronto.ca/shutercycletrack. I'm looking forward to the upgrades, especially between River and Sherbourne.

There is tons of excess parking along Shuter right now anyway, at least along Moss Park there. I'd be surprised if that area is more than 30% occupied at any given time.

Ruru is permanently closed (formerly the Mutual Street Deli) and 152 Dundas St. E is up for sale.

IMG_8860.JPG

Back