News   Apr 23, 2024
 266     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Apr 22, 2024
 303     0 

how long until toronto surpasses chicago on skyscrapers?

What is the most reliable source to see how many 150m+ and 100m+ skyscrapers there are in Toronto and GTA?

Is the best approach to just count the skyscraperpage diagram for Toronto (plus Vaughn and Mississauga for GTA)?

Maybe we could have a thread where we could keep the number of built and U/C accurate? Or maybe there is such a thread already?
There is in fact a thread for this:

There is in fact a thread for this:

Thanks!

Just to add some info from UT's database. We currently have:

Pre-construction (proposals)
100-199m = 204
200-299m = 30
300m+ = 5

Under-construction
100-199m = 78
200-299m = 10
300m+ = 2

100-199m = 204
200-299m = 30
300m+ = 5

Under-construction
100-199m = 78
200-299m = 10
300m+ = 2
Thanks for sharing!

It would be great to have 150m+ category also, as this is the definition CTBUH is using.

We're working on a new database service that can easily output this type of info. Anything else that would be of interest?
That's amazing!

Would we be able to see this kind of information for GTA, as a whole and individual cities/municipalities, or just Toronto?

Is it to much work to split Pre-construction (proposals) into more categories, such as proposed and approved/ proposed not approved yet?

We're working on a new database service that can easily output this type of info. Anything else that would be of interest?

A couple of thoughts.

One definition often used in the U.S. is 'hirise', most commonly defined as 12 storeys or greater.

Either classifying buildings in the DB as low-rise, mid-rise, hi-rise (and defining that); or buildings searchable by minimum and maximum heights could work.

Separately, I tried 'sorting' using 'storeys'.............I noted a problem.

Several buildings have a ? mark (for the under construction sites, I should add); when you click through, the information is actually in the Database, but is not in the boxes on you see when you filter/sort.

Example:

1624480896671.png

But if you click through:

The information is there.

1624480942992.png

100-199m = 204
200-299m = 30
300m+ = 5

Under-construction
100-199m = 78
200-299m = 10
300m+ = 2
Just to see if there is a newer list? Possibly with buildings 150m+ ?
:)

UT doesn't allow for .csv files but I have attached a .zip file containing a .csv file of all 150m+ buidlings (Completed + U/C + Proposed) within City of Toronto boundaries, I scraped this data from the CTBUH, which seems to have slightly different counts from UT's database:

I threw together some quick graphs to visualize this data a bit better:
TORpie1.png

And a Chicago comparison for thread relevancy:
TORCHIbar1.png

Attachments

• Toronto150m.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 263
UT doesn't allow for .csv files but I have attached a .zip file containing a .csv file of all 150m+ buidlings (Completed + U/C + Proposed) within City of Toronto boundaries, I scraped this data from the CTBUH, which seems to have slightly different counts from UT's database:

I threw together some quick graphs to visualize this data a bit better:
View attachment 358766

And a Chicago comparison for thread relevancy:
View attachment 358765
Thanks!!!
Wow! So there are 215 buildings in the csv file, and that is not counting Christie's site, East harbor and some other projects... That's just amazing!
When Mississauga and Vaughan are added to the mix, GTA looks to be on fire!

So there are 215 buildings in the csv file, and that is not counting Christie's site, East harbor and some other projects... That's just amazing!
When Mississauga and Vaughan are added to the mix, GTA looks to be on fire!

Actually City of Toronto has a count of 138 (completed + UC + proposed) according to the CTBUH. The 215 number is in the "Rank" column which is Canada wide height rankings for all 150m+ buildings in the country.

Here are a couple more bar charts to compare Toronto and other Canadian cities:

TO150Barchart.png

--- *Note: I'm treating both "architecturally topped out" and "structurally topped out" as Completed in these charts just for simplicity sake.

OtherCities150Barchart.png

Actually City of Toronto has a count of 138 (completed + UC + proposed) according to the CTBUH. The 215 number is in the "Rank" column which is Canada wide height rankings for all 150m+ buildings in the country.

Here are a couple more bar charts to compare Toronto and other Canadian cities:

View attachment 358954

--- *Note: I'm treating both "architecturally topped out" and "structurally topped out" as Completed in these charts just for simplicity sake.

View attachment 358953
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't look the all column headers on my phone. My mistake.
Looks like the number of proposed ones will significantly go up with the Christie's site and East Harbor alone.
Interesting times for sure.
Thank you for all the data and graphs :)

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't look the all column headers on my phone. My mistake.
Looks like the number of proposed ones will significantly go up with the Christie's site and East Harbor alone.
Interesting times for sure.
Thank you for all the data and graphs :)
For sure, it's crazy to think that Toronto has more under construction 150m+ than the fully stacked bar of any other city in that list with the exception of Calgary. And as you mentioned with East Harbour and Christie's, that number would beat even Calgary's count!

Back