News   Mar 28, 2024
 55     0 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.3K     1 
News   Mar 27, 2024
 1.1K     2 

GTHA Transit Fare Integration

Can you elaborate? Markham and Richmond Hill seem pretty similar on those charts when you take into account Markham being 60% more populous and sharing a border with Toronto.
The line that loops back on itself for Markham looks to be a substantially larger percentage of the total lines leaving Markham than Richmond Hill's.

This was in the OPC Budget:
1651239028709.png

I think that is referring to the announced deal to integrate fares with GO and local transit operators other than TTC. But the holy grail is integration with TTC. The pricing structure also needs to be revisited.

I think that is referring to the announced deal to integrate fares with GO and local transit operators other than TTC. But the holy grail is integration with TTC. The pricing structure also needs to be revisited.
As far as I know that wasn't legislation, and is also already in effect. I am betting this is something bigger.

And I thought vote buying couldn’t be more pathetic than free 905 co fares and the license plate thing.

Wow, the Liberals really are getting desperate. I guess you can promise anything when you know you haven't got a hope in hell of winning.
Ford has increased a bit recently - but it's not that much of a runaway yet. A lot of the polling has shown a narrow conservative majority, and some even a minority.

A minority victory for Ford means a Liberal government - there's no way NDP would support a Ford government.

Never thought I would say this but I hope Ford wins another majority. Despite his right-wing mouth, he has governed in a very centrist way. As for urbanites, Ontario cities have never had it so good. He has dedicated more resources to urban transit than the Liberals & NDP ever did. Funnily enough the last Premier that really went on a urban transit building spree was also a Conservative.............Bill Davis.

The NDP & Liberals have always talked up a good transit storm but it is Ford that is actually acting on it.

Last edited:

Back