News   Apr 26, 2024
 857     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 256     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 757     0 

Goldie's Toronto

I think I've fallen in love with Marilyn!

On my last trip to Toronto, we drove home through Mississauga and my partner was quite concerned about my sanity as I caught a glimpse of Marilyn and her partner..........................I don't think I've been as excited since I was nine years old at Christmas............amazing...

Attachments

• San Francisco movie.jpg
    San Francisco movie.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 530
  • film frames.jpg
    film frames.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 510
Last edited:
Ned Hanlon being a Roman Catholic, was buried at the St Michael's Cemetery which is entered west off Yonge, south of St Clair.

Regards,
J T

Last edited:
Mystery of the 'eye-care centre', Don Mills

This half-built structure was abandoned at Don Mills Rd. and Kern Rd (N/W corner) - probably 30 years ago.
Does anyone know why it was abandoned?
I seem to recall that a construction sign made reference to "a centre for eye-care (opthomology?)"

Attachments

• abandoned in Don Mills.jpg
    abandoned in Don Mills.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 529
" a construction sign made reference to "a centre for eye-care (opthomology?)" QUOTE Goldie.

It wasn't a site for sore eyes, but it certainly was an "eyesore".

Regourds,
J T

So,... I saw this at the Los Angeles airport. [Not my photo]

LAX_LA.jpg

And, I saw this on Walmer Road back home in Toronto. :)

CSC_0376.jpg

So,... I saw this at the Los Angeles airport. [Not my photo]

LAX_LA.jpg

And, I saw this on Walmer Road back home in Toronto. :)

CSC_0376.jpg

They say: "Ideas are a dime a dozen."
Guess that applies to architecture as well.

Looking along Ellesmere Rd., Scarborough.
Morningside at botton of hill - Milirary Trail at top of hill.
Wind turbine in distance (located at Liverpool Rd., Pickering).

Click thumbnail to enlarge:

Taken from Neilson Road I presume Goldie? Beautiful.

A visit to the Guild Inn during the annual outdoor art show (Aug/6/11):

GuildArtShow05.jpg

GuildArtShow04.jpg

GuildArtShow09.jpg

GuildArtShow07.jpg

GuildArtShow03.jpg

GuildArtShow08.jpg

GuildArtShow06.jpg

GuildArtShow02.jpg

Pretty sad how the Guild Inn has turned out , hopefully the city puts some money into fixing it up . the grounds are still nice to walk around in.

ViewfromthebackoftheGuildInn.jpg

Pretty sad how the Guild Inn has turned out , hopefully the city puts some money into fixing it up . the grounds are still nice to walk around in.

ViewfromthebackoftheGuildInn.jpg

It seem that the latest plans for the future of the Guild are now being discarded - as were many other plans during the past 10/20 years.
Centennial College was going to restore the building for a "culinary arts school - with restaurant - but now they are backing out.
"it would be too expensive to restore the decaying building."
Centennial now proposes condominiums on the site!!! I don't think that will ever fly.
I predict another 10/20 years before anything is done regarding renovations.
Hopefully the City will be able to continue grounds-keeping. It's certainly a beautiful garden and nice place to display Toronto's odd pieces of architectural remnants.

"I felt sorry for some of the game attendants who appeared bored." QUOTE Prof Goldie.

They are bored due to the fact that there are no customers, which is due to the fact that

they are bored!

Show interest to the prospective customer and the customer will show interest in the enterprise.

IT'S CALLED SHOWMANSHIP!

Along the same line . . .

On the L'shore at Cawthra Road in Lakeview, there was and remains a locally branded soft ice cream outlet.

The owner at that time, and at last report remains a family business, was small of stature but with large spirit.

When business was slow, he would don white shoes, white socks, white pants, white belt, white shirt, white hat,

and in his left hand would hold a large, VERY LARGE MODEL of his product - A SOFT ICE CREAM CONE!

As people drove by his store, he located himself on the paved shoulder of the street, and with a measured jesture

with his arm/hand would "invite" those passersby to "partake of his wares".

The timeline of the above is of no matter; IT'S CALLED SHOWMANSHIP!

(Sell the Sizzle, never the steak.)

Regards,
J T

Back