1.5K     1 
News   Feb 14, 2020
 1.3K     1 

Goldie's Toronto

seemsartless

Member Bio
Reaction score
Some older pics - 2007 or thereabouts:
Those are great, as always. Funny how some photos have more impact when you're scrolling through them on the computer... The top of 'Rear of 4965 Yonge St.' is interesting, but then the contrast between the new and old doesn't hit you until you scroll down to the bottom of the photo.

Mustapha

Member Bio
Reaction score
Remains of the abandoned old Don Mills Rd. which was re-routed when the Don Valley Parkway was established. (2010)

It's neat to see these old abandoned roads in places up north; it's a surprise to see this right here in the city; waiting for another UTer with a pair of stout shoes and a sense of adventure.

Goldie

Member Bio
Reaction score
Thumbnails again!

I'm back to thumbnails because 'Photobucket' has made some alterations and my computer is no longer compatable.

- Eastern Ave. towards Cherry St.
- Construction on Steeles Ave. East
- Ellesmere towards Brimley

Attachments

Last edited:

Long Island Mike

Member Bio
Reaction score
It was 30 years ago...December 8,1980...

Here's Johnny!

Goldie and Everyone: Thirty years ago on December 8,1980 John Lennon was assassinated outside the Dakota on Manhattan's West Side at the age of 40...he would have been 70 this year...I find it kind of ironic noting the NYC t-shirt and his adopted home remembering how he tragically died there...

It is still hard to believe that 30 years have passed since his death...I am listening to Beatles songs in a local Apple store here on LI posting this wondering if anyone realizes the significance of the anniversary of this tragedy?

Thoughts and a remembrance from LI MIKE

seemsartless

Member Bio
Reaction score
From a visit [to the AGO]in 2009:
You captured the curves in the staircase so well in that 4th photo - I had the good fortune of being at one of the grand opening's of the renovations, when Frank Gehry was there talking about the design, his memories of Toronto and the AGO, etc...

(Posted to my photo blog November 14th, 2008 from the AGO.)

Goldie

Member Bio
Reaction score
Experimenting at the Skydome

It's January 2011 and the terrible 'white stuff' has arrived!
My thoughts turn to spring.
The surprisingly sharp crowd shot was taken by holding binoculars in front of a point-and-shoot camera lens.

Attachments

Last edited: