News   Apr 26, 2024
 495     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 370     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 575     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

In Europe, S-Bahn/RER lines pretty much always have their dedicated pair of tracks. Usually there are four tracks, with the other two used for long-distance trains and the handful of freights.

I always found it hilarious that it's far too dangerous to cross the tracks without an underpass in stations, but if you walk fifty feet to the end of the platform, it's perfectly acceptable for the sidewalk to go right over the tracks.

I always found it hilarious that it's far too dangerous to cross the tracks without an underpass in stations, but if you walk fifty feet to the end of the platform, it's perfectly acceptable for the sidewalk to go right over the tracks.

Get on the GO at the Bramalea station....people are encouraged to use the newish south parking lot...which means having to walk across a track at a newly constructed pedestrian crossing. So GO asks you to cross the track at one end of your journey then spends time/effort at the end of your journey telling you it is not only dangerous it is illegal!

I think I understand them.....I just always find it funny!

Get on the GO at the Bramalea station....people are encouraged to use the newish south parking lot...which means having to walk across a track at a newly constructed pedestrian crossing. So GO asks you to cross the track at one end of your journey then spends time/effort at the end of your journey telling you it is not only dangerous it is illegal!

I think I understand them.....I just always find it funny!

That track hasn't seen service in forever, and probably will never see service again. It leads into the warehouse, and I believe they ship 100% by truck.

GO tells you not to cross, live & active rail lines. A spur that will never see a train again is very different.

That track hasn't seen service in forever, and probably will never see service again. It leads into the warehouse, and I believe they ship 100% by truck.

GO tells you not to cross, live & active rail lines. A spur that will never see a train again is very different.

Sorry....it looks(ed) to me like the track that the GO trains waiting to run express from Bramalea are on (I only observe this from the moving train so I recognize my vision might be blurred by the speed of the train)

Not much in the way of GO improvements this September, except for a respectable beefing-up of weekday service to Bolton and the usual seasonal Highway 407 increases. New limited Sunday service though on the 407 route. Though the new Lincolnville Station, in the middle of cowfields, opens on the 2nd.

I was hoping for the final improvements to the Georgetown-Union service, namely the last 3 hour service, weekday afternoons/evenings inbound.

Not much in the way of GO improvements this September, except for a respectable beefing-up of weekday service to Bolton and the usual seasonal Highway 407 increases. New limited Sunday service though on the 407 route. Though the new Lincolnville Station, in the middle of cowfields, opens on the 2nd.

I was hoping for the final improvements to the Georgetown-Union service, namely the last 3 hour service, weekday afternoons/evenings inbound.

beefing up of the bolton bus line must mean that there is a increase in ridership which brings us a step closer to having GO rail service to bolton on the CP mactier sub.

Caledon is aggressively pushing this line forward.

Clearly hell has frozen over.

Pure demographics. The Bolton/suburban population has increased to the point that they are able to swing the priorities on town council. Expect to see a suburban-minded council for a town (with 57,000 people, it could be called a city) that is primarily exurban and rural.

I'll make a big prediction and say that Marolyn Morrison's replacement will be from Bolton.

Pure demographics. The Bolton/suburban population has increased to the point that they are able to swing the priorities on town council. Expect to see a suburban-minded council for a town (with 57,000 people, it could be called a city) that is primarily exurban and rural.

I'll make a big prediction and say that Marolyn Morrison's replacement will be from Bolton.

100% agree. Milton is going to see a similar shift in the next election, as this mayor also has a rural support base.

Caledon East is supposed to receive GO bus service at some point, according to a recent article in the Citizen.

No new Rail service??????

Ok, I live near the Danforth GO station, and can note that they have commissioned the new third track, I've seen trains on it!

After almost 3 years of construction, and the completion of this new track, + a new grade separation for the Stouffville line, why is there no new rail service!

The whole point of this new track, as I understand it, was to add more rush-hours service to Lakeshore and Stouffville, and possibly more mid-day service on Lakeshore. Off-peak, mid-day, 20 min. service was mentioned by GO staff back during the EA process.

I hope we will get the long-promised, and much needed new service soon.

I might add a bunch of other areas need more rail service too, but I think many don't have the required additional track yet.

Though, apparently, just having more track does get you much!

Ok, I live near the Danforth GO station, and can note that they have commissioned the new third track, I've seen trains on it!

After almost 3 years of construction, and the completion of this new track, + a new grade separation for the Stouffville line, why is there no new rail service!

The whole point of this new track, as I understand it, was to add more rush-hours service to Lakeshore and Stouffville, and possibly more mid-day service on Lakeshore. Off-peak, mid-day, 20 min. service was mentioned by GO staff back during the EA process.
That is indeed what they said years ago when they started, though more recently they've been saying it will increase reliability. To be fair, I'd think that they'd need the Lakeshore West finished well to increase service. But I wouldn't be surprised if we see no service increases until electrification is complete in the 2020s.

The stoufville line will see hourly, off-peak service in 2010. The problem is that there are no places for the trains to pass each other. This will be addressed in the years leading up to it.

They added a few Milton bus trips, which is better than nothing I guess. What we need is another train. 6 trains just doesn't cut it on the Milton line.

Back