News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.4K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 398     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

^ Why wouldn't it be $6 Bramalea to Mt. Dennis based on "Adult fares for GO Transit trips between approximately 10 km and 20 km will also be reduced, and will vary between $3 to $6, depending on the specific route." Did they clarify what "specific route" meant? I just measured it and it's 16 km.
I am trying to figure out what the cost would have been to the currently non-existing station to compare it to what you are saying it will be at $6.

16km at $3+$0.30/km (the formula that seems to be specified in the media release) would mean Bramalea to Mount Dennis would be $4.80.

Thanks. Helpful to know.

I am trying to figure out what the cost would have been to the currently non-existing station to compare it to what you are saying it will be at $6.

Oh sorry now I get it. So about $7.40 to $4.80. Thanks.

Oh sorry now I get it. So about $7.40 to $4.80.
If that is it then that is an interesting figure.........presumably someone travelling to Mt Dennis from Bramalea would be switching to the Crosstown........and, essentially, getting a (almost) free transfer compared to today's fare structure.

So, currently, Mount Pleasant GO in Brampton to Bramalea is a $5.95 fare....using that formula above for trips under 20km it would be $5.03 ($3 + .3X6.75km)....but if fares within same municipality were $3 (as opposed to just fares within Toronto) then it would be $3.

This is just my interpretation, but when I heard the news of proposing $3 in Toronto, I've thought the fare-by-distance started at the edge of the city's boundaries, not at the start of the "GO trip". I'm probably wrong though.

^ Thanks. I re-read the release. So for Toronto it was $3 for the entire municipality and for the rest it was between $3km for up to 10 km and up to $6 for up 20 km? In other words, those lucky Milliken GO riders just south of Steeles who are more than 20 from Union.

King GO doesn't really have the space. It's more practical to build a new station on a clean slate where they can lay down a massive lot to provide the 1,000 spaces.

is this intentional hyperbole? GO already has parking lots much bigger than this that do not take longer to walk to your car than the actual train ride.
Walking to/from the car at stations is nothing, but it getting out of the parking lot onto major road is where the car folks will/are loosing time.

Been stated at Metrolinx BOD meetings by directors that it takes more time getting out of Oakville parking lot than riding the train from Union.

Back