News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.9K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 14, 2024
 781     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

That's nice. Too bad we don't have minister from the Park Lawn Rd area.

Metrolinx has approved a $100-million GO Transit station in Vaughan despite a government analysis that determined the stop would have negative economic and environmental impacts, and would induce people to abandon transit and drive their cars instead. The proposed Kirby station would be located on GO’s Barrie line, in the riding represented by Ontario Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca.

https://www.thestar.com/business/20...tion-that-will-put-more-cars-on-the-road.html

Headed to the new federal infrastructure bank. Another former head from the Ontario Teacher's Pension Plan is also there advising.

Hope we land that bank- though I'd bet it'll probably be headed in Ottawa with suboffices in every major city throughout Canada.

Well, considering that new tracks are being added to Brampton (well, to the south east) and to Markham....

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
Have they completed the peliminary work on the Stouffville line? The weekday service is supposed to being this year right? And Brampton service expansion is delayed as well, they were supposed completed this year

Have they completed the peliminary work on the Stouffville line? The weekday service is supposed to being this year right? And Brampton service expansion is delayed as well, they were supposed completed this year

No sign of any rail or tie placement on the Milliken-Agincourt section of double track....just initial excavation, some grading, and a fair bit of fencing. There's a ton of rail sitting in a laydown area on site, but not near the point where it will be rolled out. I would guesstimate it will be next spring at the earliest.

The Agincourt-Scarborough Jct tender is still out.

- Paul

My mistake - teach me to shoot from the hip. I went looking for this, and found that the contract had been awarded last December. Sorry, the ML report that says that doesn't say to whom.

I went looking for signs of progress a couple of weeks back, and saw no signs of field mobilization.

- Paul
No sign of any rail or tie placement on the Milliken-Agincourt section of double track....just initial excavation, some grading, and a fair bit of fencing. There's a ton of rail sitting in a laydown area on site, but not near the point where it will be rolled out. I would guesstimate it will be next spring at the earliest.

The Agincourt-Scarborough Jct tender is still out.

- Paul

No problem. They are behind on schedule, which is the main issue.

We still have two days to meet the target on the KW Line.....2 days....do not give up hope!

We still have two days to meet the target on the KW Line.....2 days....do not give up hope!
Haha I agree... man metrolinx has stepped in it.
Looks like VIA rail is back at it again, pouching engineers from GO. Well their not doing it directly anyways but rather by virtue of their new contract which will pay locomotive engineers a whopping 61$/hr! Not bad money if you can get it if I do say so myself. Not that they could ever bribe me, they could pay a 100$/hr and I wouldn't be interested. Quality of life is much, much, more important than being but to each their own I suppose. I'm told that we've actually only managed to train and qualify 7 people in the last calendar year. I can't verify that because I haven't really been paying attention to that situation(first off not my job, secondly they make it difficult to track) but I know that it's been slow. Now 3 engineers are more or less confirmed to be going over with rumors of up to 12 or so leaving in total. So uhh, about that extra service GO, good luck with getting it up and running any time soon! LOL!!! #smh
I hear you. Maybe if Metrolinx could solve the little issues, they could solve the big ones too.

Looks like VIA rail is back at it again, pouching engineers from GO. Well their not doing it directly anyways but rather by virtue of their new contract which will pay locomotive engineers a whopping 61$/hr! Not bad money if you can get it if I do say so myself. Not that they could ever bribe me, they could pay a 100$/hr and I wouldn't be interested. Quality of life is much, much, more important than being but to each their own I suppose. I'm told that we've actually only managed to train and qualify 7 people in the last calendar year. I can't verify that because I haven't really been paying attention to that situation(first off not my job, secondly they make it difficult to track) but I know that it's been slow. Now 3 engineers are more or less confirmed to be going over with rumors of up to 12 or so leaving in total. So uhh, about that extra service GO, good luck with getting it up and running any time soon! LOL!!! #smh
As a Monty Python fan who has 'always look on bright side of life" bouncing around in my head...I actually see how this can be turned into a positive .....not sure what an engineer on the GO trains makes but surely a recruiting drive that said "Good job good wages at "$X" and after a few years work for VIA at $61/hr"....could lead to a perpetual training cycle but, hey, at least that could attract some young folk to the career. :)

Back