News   Jul 09, 2024
 754     1 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 1.6K     3 
News   Jul 09, 2024
 601     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

archive.org goes as far back as the late 1990s.

lololololololooooooooooooooo

XlRlWK9.png

I can't seem to get beyond this though. If someone had a bare URL to punch in, maybe, but I'm stuck otherwise.

They simply don't seem to exist online. At least not transcribed.

I've got a collection of print timetables, but that's because I've been buying them as I come across them.

Dan
Toronto, Ont.
archive.org goes as far back as the late 1990s.
Thanks!

So I have to call metrolinx or go then...

"for a total of 10 new trips per week." Wow, they really gotta inflate the shit out of it.

Yeah no kidding.

"Ontario is helping manage congestion, provide more transit options and improve commutes for families in York and Durham Regions with new rush-hour train service on the Stouffville GO line."

“Our government has been steadfastly focused on delivering better transit options that will help get Ontario moving. Adding new rush-hour train service on the Stouffville GO line is proof that we are committed to making your daily commute faster and more convenient than ever before.”

- Del Duca

"for a total of 10 new trips per week." Wow, they really gotta inflate the shit out of it.

I'll give them a bit of a break on this one. It's a 13% boost in train service for that corridor; not massive but I think there has been 500 newspaper articles about the TTCs 10% bump in Yonge service (open gangway trains).

I'll give them a bit of a break on this one. It's a 13% boost in train service for that corridor; not massive but I think there has been 500 newspaper articles about the TTCs 10% bump in Yonge service (open gangway trains).
Fun with numbers....the recent increase in KW line trains that went all the way to Kitchener was touted as a 50% increase in service......it was 2 additional trains a day! There are two parts to a fraction and when the denominator is really low...you don't need much of a change in the numerator to produce a high percentage!

Fun with numbers....the recent increase in KW line trains that went all the way to Kitchener was touted as a 50% increase in service......it was 2 additional trains a day! There are two parts to a fraction and when the denominator is really low...you don't need much of a change in the numerator to produce a high percentage!

Yep. But, for those who ride the line these seemingly small additions can actually have a pretty big impact on their commute.

Yep. But, for those who ride the line these seemingly small additions can actually have a pretty big impact on their commute.
no doubt...but comparing percentages like that is how, for example, Milton gets the rep as the fastest growing municipality in Canada. It's not, but the percentages sure look impressive....the TTC increasing yonge capacity by 10% (to use the example above) is a far bigger achievement than adding 2 extensions to Kitchener or one additional train per day on Stouffville and will impact far more peoples' trips....all are good but politicos like to play with these percentages...we should not join them in that falsehood.

no doubt...but comparing percentages like that is how, for example, Milton gets the rep as the fastest growing municipality in Canada.

Exactly. If they wanted to pump the numbers they'd say increased service by 13% instead of added 10 trips per week.

Exactly. If they wanted to pump the numbers they'd say increased service by 13% instead of added 10 trips per week.

No one would understand what 13% more trips meant. Any monkey can understand ONE more train to choose from in the morning and ONE more in the evening. They did it right in the most transparent way.

GO Routes 25 & 29 will start using the Winston Churchill Station on January 2nd

Back