News   Jun 28, 2024
 2K     2 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 1.4K     1 
News   Jun 28, 2024
 564     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

I think Mount Dennis comes with or without GO RER. As does Downsview Park and Caledonia on the Barrie line.

I think you are right...can't recall all the details of Minister Murray's tweets/announcements about RER if there actual additional stations or not within Toronto. Given the, presumed, faster speed/acceleration it would seem you could add these without lengthening anyone's commute and the extra ridership would produce extra revenue.

Will there be any connections to the Finch & Sheppard LRT?
I'd think you'd be able to connect on either the Yonge or University subways, or many of the bus routes.

Do you mean track? Who knows ... they haven't even selected BRT vs LRT yet. Though didn't some of the documents TTC released for Pioneer Village station discuss that it had been designed to allow for a future LRT tracks on Steeles? (unclear if that was for the Steeles line, or the Jane line though ...)

I'd think you'd be able to connect on either the Yonge or University subways, or many of the bus routes.

Do you mean track? Who knows ... they haven't even selected BRT vs LRT yet. Though didn't some of the documents TTC released for Pioneer Village station discuss that it had been designed to allow for a future LRT tracks on Steeles? (unclear if that was for the Steeles line, or the Jane line though ...)

I think either you misunderstood my question or I'm misunderstanding you.

I was asking if there'd be any GO RER stops along Finch Ave West or Sheppard Ave East to connect to the LRT lines.

In my opinion there needs to be proper connections to all of Toronto's rapid transit lines (Finch, Sheppard, Line 2, Line 3, Line 1) as well as proper bus facilities on heavily used bus routes if we want to use GO RER to it's full potential.

I think either you misunderstood my question or I'm misunderstanding you.

I was asking if there'd be any GO RER stops along Finch Ave West or Sheppard Ave East to connect to the LRT lines.

In my opinion there needs to be proper connections to all of Toronto's rapid transit lines (Finch, Sheppard, Line 2, Line 3, Line 1) as well as proper bus facilities on heavily used bus routes if we want to use GO RER to it's full potential.

For Stouffville line, it connects to Sheppard bus or LRT at Agincourt station. Finch there is no stop, except on Tory's Smarttrack map, I think it should be added. Steeles there is a stop but it's slightly away from the road. Bus bays should be added to the stops and have the buses connect to the stations.

For the Barrie line it connects to Downsview Park station on the Spadina extension. A station should probably be added to Finch, and move the other one to Steeles, if GO RER happens on that line.

Georgetown/Kitchener doesn't intersect the Finch W LRT

Last edited:
Don't see this mentioned. Interesting partnership and other possibilities.

Metrolinx and Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment Ltd. want to help make travelling easier. On August 30, 2014, you can not only avoid traffic and parking by taking the GO to the Toronto FC soccer match, but the ride home will be FREE*. Your August 30, 2014 TFC match ticket (or e-ticket) will be accepted by GO as your paid fare, simply present it as proof of payment if requested during your ride.

Hey why can't Thunder Bay have the GO train too?

Why not? GO Transit should be used outside the GTHA more to provide local transportation. It's a lower operating cost that VIA (I would assume), why can't they take over local service (e.g. Stratford, Brantford, Port Hope, Belleville, Brockville) from VIA and make VIA express to major centres only (e.g. London, K-W, Aldershot, Toronto, Oshawa, Kingston, Ottawa)?

Back