News   Jul 16, 2024
 668     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 594     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 734     2 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

All day service will stop at mount pleasant.
Province has promised Kitchener ultimately. Day 1 I thought they'd just restore it to Bramalea.

What's the Mount Pleasant timeframe?

All I really want in Kitchener is a 9am departure, and a single set of counter-peak runs.
Works for me. Though I'm sure a couple more weekend runs would be nice. I'd be thrilled by just an AM train TO Kitchener, and a PM train back!

Mount Pleasant makes the most sense, but it's not yet decided, so don't make it sound like fact. Let's even see if the Kitchener Line gets all-day, two-way service anytime soon.
I can't see why the mid-day two-way service wouldn't be restored as promised in 2015.

Prior to the election announcement that all GO lines would have bi-directional 15 minute service within 10 years, there was no commitment to all day service on this line at all.....so I am not sure where that comes from. Now that the goal is get to that 15 minute/10 year plan, I suspect that if/when this line gets AD2W service it will stop in Kitchener.

Mount Pleasant makes the most sense, but it's not yet decided, so don't make it sound like fact. Let's even see if the Kitchener Line gets all-day, two-way service anytime soon.

Province has promised Kitchener ultimately. Day 1 I thought they'd just restore it to Bramalea.

What's the Mount Pleasant timeframe?

Metolinx's next wave

This was also what I was told by an official at the DRL meetings earlier this year.

I can't see why the mid-day two-way service wouldn't be restored as promised in 2015.

careful with the word "restore"...even though there was some mid-day service to Bramalea it was never all day 2 way.

All that has been promised in 2015 was "up to" 10 additional train trips (presumably 5 each way...but who knows) with no indication of times or end points.

Drove along the 401 on Wednesday and I saw a lot of action at the East Maintenance and Storage Facility site in Whitby. Does anybody know when they're actually going to start construction on the new bridge over the 401 to connect to the Belleville Sub, and all of the associated works with bringing GO service to the Belleville Sub through Oshawa and on to Bowmanville? I just looked through the EA and the info on the MSF, but couldn't find any kind of updated timeline on the track/bridge work. Thanks!

That all comes in September at the board meeting, those plans are being made as we speak.

There will likely be new stops though, yes.

Not to quibble but your line was in direct response to: where it was all day service. ;)
Good grief. I only had two sentences in my response. And I noted that the previous service was mid-day in the one of them!

It's a discussion, not legal filing FFS!

Back