News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 882     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 354     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

From the above:

Proposed Station site/layout:

1611947497727.png

Station Amenities:

1611947631375.png

Bus Routes

Only 8 existing services, none frequent:

1611947704168.png

Seems like a lot to build 11 bays right off the bat; that's some incredible growth in transit modal share and service to justify that build out.

Edit to add, this is a direct link to the Initial Business Case:

Last edited:
From the above:

View attachment 296955

Station Amenities:

View attachment 296956

Bus Routes

View attachment 296957

Seems like a lot to build 11 bays right off the bat; that's some incredible growth in transit modal share and service to justify that build out.

Ugh, more than 1000 parking spots... 🤮

From the above:

View attachment 296955

Station Amenities:

View attachment 296956

Bus Routes

View attachment 296957

Should be a "Multi-use path", "Pedestrian Circulation", or sidewalk going directly to Trafalgar Road, maybe from the north platform to the road.

Should be a "Multi-use path", "Pedestrian Circulation", or sidewalk going directly to Trafalgar Road, maybe from the north platform to the road.

That would normally be de rigeur, and good futureproofing.....but.... have a look at the site and its surroundings on Google. Quite a hike to anything. This is a 99.999% auto based catchment location - at present, anyways.

Maybe when the multi-story garage gets added.

- Paul

Reading the IBC, I wonder why they don't put the station on the East side of Trafalgar to better centre the station for the planned development area (maximize the usable 800m walkshed). As it is now, much of the 800m walkshed is greenbelt land (presumably undevelopable.

^ I saw that too and wondered what the purpose is. I assume it's got GO trains to pull into the station and let a CP train pass by? Wouldn't that cause an unscheduled delay at times for the GO train?

^ I saw that too and wondered what the purpose is. I assume it's got GO trains to pull into the station and let a CP train pass by? Wouldn't that cause an unscheduled delay at times for the GO train?
I think it's to future proof the area in case they want to quad track the corridor (pending CP approval)

That would normally be de rigeur, and good futureproofing.....but.... have a look at the site and its surroundings on Google. Quite a hike to anything. This is a 99.999% auto based catchment location - at present, anyways.

Maybe when the multi-story garage gets added.

- Paul
That's today. In ten, twenty, thirty plus years, there should, be not a multi-story garage, but SEVERAL high-rise, multi-use buildings surrounding it.

Back