News   May 26, 2020
 324     0 
News   May 26, 2020
 546     0 
News   May 26, 2020
 528     1 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

Jonny5

Member Bio
Reaction score
Did the scheduled ending of the TTC co-fare on March 31st take effect? I can't find any info that says it did.
Metrolinx sent out Tweets on 3/31 noting that it was ending that day.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score

PinkLucy

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Our local GO parking lot is a ghost town. Normally you don't get a parking spot after 7:30 am

Fritter

Member Bio
Reaction score
Our local GO parking lot is a ghost town. Normally you don't get a parking spot after 7:30 am
Oshawa's overflow lot at the GO Station has been leased out temporally to a car rental company to store some of their vehicles as no one is renting cars right now.

crs1026

Member Bio
Reaction score

Allandale25

Member Bio
Reaction score
Speaking of ridership...

Reached by phone, Metrolinx spokesperson Matt Llewellyn said one passenger was on the train at the time, but no one was injured. He noted that the passenger politely declined Metrolinx's offer to send him home on the bus.
Driver got their car stuck on the tracks. They got out in time to flag down another driver. GO train then hit it.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Speaking of ridership...

Driver got their car stuck on the tracks. They got out in time to flag down another driver. GO train then hit it.

Then...........

"Then the fire truck side-swiped a police cruiser. It's just one of those nights."

Further to the article:

From the Queen's Quay school of driving:

"Somehow they had managed to get their car quite a distance up the tracks. I still don't know how they did it," she said, adding that the women told her they thought it was a road.

salsa

Member Bio
Reaction score
Then...........

"Then the fire truck side-swiped a police cruiser. It's just one of those nights."

Further to the article:

From the Queen's Quay school of driving:

"Somehow they had managed to get their car quite a distance up the tracks. I still don't know how they did it," she said, adding that the women told her they thought it was a road.
"I thought it was a road"

*facepalm*

1586996669129.png

Garuda

Member Bio
Reaction score
"I thought it was a road"

*facepalm*

View attachment 240929
Not condone driving up the tracks and getting a car stuck Queens Quay style. I've driven by this crossing many times and the angle at which the railway intersects gives the impression that the tracks are another road with a soft right turn from the road (even more so at night with no overhead street lights anywhere). I bet they started to panic and just kept trying to drive forward only to make the situation worse.