News   Apr 26, 2024
 172     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 369     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 532     0 

GO Transit: Service thread (including extensions)

How about adding Renforth Station to the Milton GO buses and TTC 427 expresses? A lot fewer additional service hours with a lot of the same benefits the new route would have. It does seem that GO is rather found of adding additional infrequent routes over tweaking their existing services to do more and running better frequencies though.
It would be a hassle to get off the highway, loop around, loop around again, and get back on the highway ay Renforth, unless they build new directed bus ramps.

It would be a hassle to get off the highway, loop around, loop around again, and get back on the highway ay Renforth, unless they build new directed bus ramps.
They literally have off ramps to renforth only on 401 east though, and on ramps to 401 west. The Milton go buses could be perfect for the job, maybe having a branch of the 21 go there, or another branch of the 25/29. Renforth also has 427 south for buses right on eglinton and the go bus route 19 uses renforth to carlingview to get on the 401 there to York mills (although to point out the 19 is part of the milton go corridor apparently so idk if this could happen where we get more go buses on the Milton corridor)

Also for the 900 and 927 ttc express, its not that much of a hassle to reroute them to renforth. In 900’s case, they could have the exact same routing that miway’s 100 express has to renforth, and then use the 427 from there to Kipling, and the 927 could use belfield to attwell and then use that back road routing to get to the station. They could just create a 927 branch that does just that without going to Kipling

Would this be a good go bus routing for connecting the rer + transit hub stations together? I think this could be something that could actually happen once rer is completeView attachment 254707

This almost follows the 407 Transitway plan, no?

And then you could build a similar busway in the Etobicoke hydro corridor, which could also be used for the airport rocket.

This almost follows the 407 Transitway plan, no?

And then you could build a similar busway in the Etobicoke hydro corridor, which could also be used for the airport rocket.
Since there are so many developments right next to Hwy 427, along the east mall and the west mall, why don't just take away serval lanes of the highway and build a transitway? Oh, but look who is going to complain now.

Since there are so many developments right next to Hwy 427, along the east mall and the west mall, why don't just take away serval lanes of the highway and build a transitway? Oh, but look who is going to complain now.

why would we take away lanes when there is a big empty corridor that goes exactly where we want to go?

In essence it's an additional 407 service terminating at Kipling.
I tried linking those stations because all of them connect to a different go line. Since Richmond hill center is basically langstaff go, it already works for Richmond hill line, and Kipling is self explanatory for the Milton line. This connects all the go lines together except for the lakeshore lines and even then we could extend the 2 terminus's to Pickering and long branch i guess (although it would make the routing longer)

Also for the airport, not sure if its the best thing for this route. I guess it could do a quick stop at viscount, so that would technically connect the airport/UP Express with the go bus via the link train, and then have the route go on the 409 from there to kipling. So with everything i said all put into play, this is how the route would look
AA.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder which would be cheaper. Running bigger trains all the time so passengers can spread out more or putting in all this plexiglass.

^Won’t speculate on how effective they actually are - but if they reduce passenger anxiety and help rebuild ridership, they are worth it. Especially to get people back out of autos.

- Paul

PS - the bigger issue is, does Transport Canada approve?

I feel like they would not approve. Imagine smacking your face or nose against that in an abrupt stop? Also if they are TC-worthy then theoretically we should've seen similar decades ago in planes and trains for no other reason that privacy (as an opaque barrier).

But otherwise as a means of rebuilding ridership it seems a very smart move imo.

^Won’t speculate on how effective they actually are - but if they reduce passenger anxiety and help rebuild ridership, they are worth it. Especially to get people back out of autos.

- Paul

PS - the bigger issue is, does Transport Canada approve?

I feel like they would not approve. Imagine smacking your face or nose against that in an abrupt stop? Also if they are TC-worthy then theoretically we should've seen similar decades ago in planes and trains for no other reason that privacy (as an opaque barrier).

But otherwise as a means of rebuilding ridership it seems a very smart move imo.

Let's see what AMA says.

I asked, on Twitter:

"Has Metrolinx sought approval from Transport Canada for this? I would be concerned about the implications in the event of a collision/derailment/other emergency."

Also, it doesn't seem very effective if one passenger is sitting in the aisle seat and someone is trying to get past them to the window seat. The aisle seat occupant would be breathing into the other person's direction.

Back