News   Apr 25, 2024
 85     0 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Apr 24, 2024
 1.6K     1 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

So apparently EMD has announced they won’t be building anymore Tier 4 diesel locomotives as they shift focus onto non-diesel power locomotives for the future.

Guessing that means the F125 is out of possibilities for GO’s new locos.
Well that’s quite the news, and yes I assume that rules out the F125.

To throw a curveball into the guessing game for GO’s new diesel locomotives, I wonder if any European companies bid? With CETA they’d be able to sell in the Canadian market, and could likely respond pretty fast with an off-the-shelf model to get trains delivered. Many diesel options exist in Europe, which would work fine in North America.

Well that’s quite the news, and yes I assume that rules out the F125.

To throw a curveball into the guessing game for GO’s new diesel locomotives, I wonder if any European companies bid? With CETA they’d be able to sell in the Canadian market, and could likely respond pretty fast with an off-the-shelf model to get trains delivered. Many diesel options exist in Europe, which would work fine in North America.
I mean technically, Siemens and Alstom are European companies, with the latter now fully engaged in GO’s electrification project.

And taking European designs and slightly tweaking them to fit North American standards has happened before, (the ALP45DP and ALP46 locomotives were based off of the DB Class 101 electric loco).

And taking European designs and slightly tweaking them to fit North American standards has happened before, (the ALP45DP and ALP46 locomotives were based off of the DB Class 101 electric loco).
Internally, sure, the ALP46 is based on the DB Class 101 loco but also updated to reflect the 10+ years of improvement in technology from the original ECO2000 prototypes that they were based on and Bombardier's design standardization in that period, as well as NJT's own needs.

But externally, there is no commonality between the two other than a very loose approximation of the outer shape. You couldn't take a Class 101 and run it here. You couldn't take an ALP45 and run it there.

And other than perhaps single components there is no commonality between the ALP45-DP and the Class 101.

Dan

Noticed there was a GO coach outside the tracks on the Canpa Sub near Kipling.

Guessing its to go to TB for refurbishment
8F4431BC-82F1-4F94-9BF1-722408EDF8E6.jpeg

So this route 17 won't make stops along Highway 6 between Hamilton and Milton? There are some small towns and gas stations that could use service. People could get picked up and dropped off by car to take the bus to Hamilton or KW.

So this route 17 won't make stops along Highway 6 between Hamilton and Milton? There are some small towns and gas stations that could use service. People could get picked up and dropped off by car to take the bus to Hamilton or KW.
wrong thread

Also to note, they have 204 facing east just like 206. Wonder why they are having some of them face west and some of them facing east.

Also to note, they have 204 facing east just like 206. Wonder why they are having some of them face west and some of them facing east.
No big deal at this time as its not in service and it can be easy turn around when ready. Nothing to worry over it or trying to figure it why its that way.

Back