News   Mar 28, 2024
 881     2 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 1K     0 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

Fits right in!

Image is not mine
8171C15C-E208-4CEA-B2C2-FF225FE0F3A7.jpeg

And looks like after more than a year of being out of service, classic cab car 251 has re-entered service, paired with 667. Image not mine.
1680113694113.png

Car 2661 has been repainted into the MX scheme, and seems as though it was recent as in 2022 it seemed to be in the old scheme.

Wonder if this has to do with the repainting contract?

Classic Cab Car 257 has been placed on a 10 car consist with 681 just recently, going up the Barrie Line right now.

Interesting since for the majority of the past few months all the older classic cab cars were on 12 car consists.

Car 2661 has been repainted into the MX scheme, and seems as though it was recent as in 2022 it seemed to be in the old scheme.

Wonder if this has to do with the repainting contract?
Looks as though car 2617 has also been repainted.

But what I am wondering is, were these cars not supposed to be sent to Thunder Bay for refurbishment? Why is MX bothering with repainting them before they get sent off to Thunder Bay for refurbishment, where presumably they'd get repainted anyway?

But what I am wondering is, were these cars not supposed to be sent to Thunder Bay for refurbishment? Why is MX bothering with repainting them before they get sent off to Thunder Bay for refurbishment, where presumably they'd get repainted anyway?
They have a paint bay at MMC. It could be that it was in line to get repainted anyways. Less work for ONR to do.

Gotta spend the budget somehow lol

I thought these cars were refurbished in North Bay and the paint shop was the last step.

I thought these cars were refurbished in North Bay and the paint shop was the last step.

It is, but that doesn’t guarantee that they won’t need to be repainted elsewhere for some other reason before they can be sent for refurb.

Giving credit where due - when ML rebranded to its guacamole paint scheme, there was a commitment made that new paint would only be phased in when repainting was needed. There would be no wasteful rebranding for its own sake. Ml has actually kept that commitment, and many cars are still out there in the old MOT green and white. Some of these are starting to look a bit shabby, and more and more a repaint is justifiable. I would be forgiving if ML picked up the pace a little in the paint shop.

- Paul

It is, but that doesn’t guarantee that they won’t need to be repainted elsewhere for some other reason before they can be sent for refurb.

Giving credit where due - when ML rebranded to its guacamole paint scheme, there was a commitment made that new paint would only be phased in when repainting was needed. There would be no wasteful rebranding for its own sake. Ml has actually kept that commitment, and many cars are still out there in the old MOT green and white. Some of these are starting to look a bit shabby, and more and more a repaint is justifiable. I would be forgiving if ML picked up the pace a little in the paint shop.

- Paul
It’s been 10 years since the rebrand was first launched, I think it’s reasonable to pick up the pace now.

Back