News   May 13, 2024
 297     0 
News   May 13, 2024
 521     0 
News   May 10, 2024
 2.3K     2 

GO Transit Fleet Equipment and other

What does "bad-ordered equipment" mean? Does that mean GO isn't happy with the work done on it?
It means that it's not available for service and needs some sort of remediation.

That could be anything from component replacements to needing to be cleaned. In this case, it may be as simple as still needing inspection.

Dan

That isn’t what happening, NJT is actually ordering brand new EMUs with the Multilevel design, they are not converting already existing Multilevels into EMUs.
. . .
A multiple unit is just a semi permanently coupled consist - it's normal for some cars to be trailers / cabs and some to be motors. Never implied existing cars were having motors and pantos installed, just that they would be combined with new power cars into mus.

The concept is potentially applicable to Toronto, but the equipment is absolutely not. It is not well suited to the type of frequent-stop commuter service that many want GO to aspire to (and which it hopes to achieve). Even in Montréal the equipment has garnered large numbers of complaints from passengers and crews due to narrow doorways and limited exits.

Never suggested the ML as a particular model for Toronto, there would be no reason - the restrictive design exists for the MR tunnel and Hudson Tubes. They also have dual height boarding and false floors which hurt the layout compared to the much simpler Bilevels

Looks like it finally got the gangway
Hello @HawkerCab Welcome to Urban Toronto! This is the club you must be lookin for! it's basically talking about GO Transit stuff and the most important stuff like cab cars! which is my fav, and maybe yours judging by your username. Anyways........... Have fun!!!!!

Seems as though the refurbishment for the Series II cars has begun, judging by the stripped down standard car in the middle of the line of refurbished cab cars.
1677549068612.png

So going back to the refurbishment of the Series VII cars and cab cars (242-250, and 2522-2544/2600-2661), they state that the first delivery of the refurbished cars will be in 2023. We still do not know whether the cab cars will be reactivated or converted to outright coach cars.

The first car delivered I believe was 249 so I guess we will just have to see.

So cramped, poor operators! I'd imagine they much prefer working the newer cab cars...
No different than the UPX DMU or Europe trains not HSR or a cab car. Ottawa DMUs are like GO 300 cab cars as well Stadler's DMU's in the US. Even US commuter systems have similar setup.

No different than the UPX DMU or Europe trains not HSR or a cab car. Ottawa DMUs are like GO 300 cab cars as well Stadler's DMU's in the US. Even US commuter systems have similar setup.

Yeah, I just didn't think it through. I'm sure the older TTC (and everyone else's) subway cars were also similar.

Back