News   Aug 30, 2024
 3.4K     2 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 3.2K     1 
News   Aug 30, 2024
 713     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

It is supposed to be just 5 minutes though from Confederation GO to West Harbour GO once that is done. Which implies an average of 75km/h.

There's a math problem here. It's about 9.2 km from West Harbour GO to Centennial GO. If it only takes 5 minutes, then that would average 110 km/hr. Not 75 km/hr!

They aren't doing it in 5 minutes.

I hadn't realized that it's so far from East Harbour to Centennial. With that kind of distance, another station in between is worth considering. Perhaps at Gage Avenue?

Can't remember. @Chris R. might know more.
May have been related to the no longer planned additional track between West Harbour and Confederation. I'm not really sure why they cut that from the plan. Metrolinx loves to wait and see what ridership demand is before upgrading, but demand is low if the service is crap (see London GO service).

That being said, I can't recall where I had seen a similar number. I recall it being related to the LRT discussion as LRT would operate as an express tram service, while GO could offer express single stop from Stoney Creek to West Harbour for events and such when traffic and parking is a mess and LRT is likely to be packed.

Back