News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 365     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2.1K     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

Some of the graffiti makes the corridor visually appealing on walls and sound barriers that are quite bland looking, not that I advocate for vandalism of any sort. Most of it is ugly, but occasionally you see the piece that could have the artist heading towards a good career if their canvas was more legal.

Some of the graffiti makes the corridor visually appealing on walls and sound barriers that are quite bland looking, not that I advocate for vandalism of any sort. Most of it is ugly, but occasionally you see the piece that could have the artist heading towards a good career if their canvas was more legal.
My feelings exactly.

they finally caught on to what many TAs in asia are doing. If done properly this is a win win win scenario for the TA, the the developers and for the general public.

In Asia, the TAs own the developments on top of stations and get recurring revenue. Once again, this is government selling a future revenue stream cheaply.

Oct 30
Now I am caught up to date on my backlog of Photos, I can some major shooting before the snow flies.

While shooting TTC McNicoll Bus Garage, had a look at the Stouffville line. The grading is completed for the 2nd track to the point the base is down and waiting ties and rail. I have yet to have a look at the Line at Finch, no idea where that 2nd track waiting ties and rail stops.
45619067252_0d05f05020_b.jpg

44755285845_c4f3388bae_b.jpg

45669622851_8c843a77d5_b.jpg

45619064272_4c69ae1d08_b.jpg

31797210648_1cfd86cb6f_b.jpg

Oct 30
Now I am caught up to date on my backlog of Photos, I can some major shooting before the snow flies.

While shooting TTC McNicoll Bus Garage, had a look at the Stouffville line. The grading is completed for the 2nd track to the point the base is down and waiting ties and rail. I have yet to have a look at the Line at Finch, no idea where that 2nd track waiting ties and rail stops.

Nice stuff.

The ready-for-rail zone runs to just north of the platform at Agincourt. South of that, things are not anywhere nearly as far along, although there's a decent amount of work complete northwards from Kennedy to about Lawrence.

- Paul

A somewhat GO Construction related question.......does anyone know how long GO intends to sit in ownership of all those houses in DT Brampton that they a) bought and b) evicted tenants from and c) boarded up?

There seems to have been no movement on this since the boards went up on the windows and doors and the one thing that DT Brampton did not need was another similarity to abandoned rust belt city centres.

I have asked Metrolinx 3 or so times for some feedback on this and they have gone completely silent on the matter.

A somewhat GO Construction related question.......does anyone know how long GO intends to sit in ownership of all those houses in DT Brampton that they a) bought and b) evicted tenants from and c) boarded up?

There seems to have been no movement on this since the boards went up on the windows and doors and the one thing that DT Brampton did not need was another similarity to abandoned rust belt city centres.

I have asked Metrolinx 3 or so times for some feedback on this and they have gone completely silent on the matter.

Totally speculative answer: check the zoning.

It's a lot harder to get a demolition permit for something zoned as residential, as opposed to commercial. (In Toronto, anyways). Perhaps the rezoning hasn't gone through yet, and the property is still considered residential.

I don't know if COB makes demolition permit applications public, or if they can be browsed on line.

- Paul

There's a town hall coming up: https://www.metrolinxengage.com/en/...gage&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Nov7invite

Totally speculative answer: check the zoning.

It's a lot harder to get a demolition permit for something zoned as residential, as opposed to commercial. (In Toronto, anyways). Perhaps the rezoning hasn't gone through yet, and the property is still considered residential.

I don't know if COB makes demolition permit applications public, or if they can be browsed on line.

- Paul
That would be a decent guess if 3 residential buildings had not already been demolished.....but if there were zoning issues, why evict the tenants...what is wrong with a wee bit of rental income while it works through the process (it has been over 2 years since the properties were purchased).......and no matter what the situation is, nothing excuses a public body that has an extensive communications department from going totally silent and refusing to answer questions on something that is within their mandate.

Back