News   Jul 11, 2024
 5.1K     0 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 767     5 
News   Jul 11, 2024
 730     1 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

I saw a youtube video from the University of Michigan and students there get that sam with the local buses in Ann HarbourMichigann. The porblem with doining it with one University in Toornto means thaty have to do it with all of them plus the colleges as well. itès easier when ther is only one in twon vs. 3 universties (York, UofT, Ryerson) and Four Colleges (Centennial, Seneca, Gorge Brown and Humber) you can see how hard it would get. The TTC does currently have post-secondary metropass but you have to be a full-time student at a post-secondary school.

Where is AnnHarbourMichigann?

I've heard of Ann Arbor, Michigan and Benton Harbor, Michigan. EastYorkTTCFan, you need to do better - your last post was almost unreadable.

Where is AnnHarbourMichigann?

I've heard of Ann Arbor, Michigan and Benton Harbor, Michigan. EastYorkTTCFan, you need to do better - your last post was almost unreadable.
Sorry I'm not perfect like everyone else on this board . I edited it so hopefully my post can be read better.

I saw a youtube video from the University of Michigan and students there get that sam with the local buses in Ann Arbor Michigan.

The problem with doing it with one University in Toronto means thaty have to do it with all of them plus the colleges as well. itès easier when there is only one in town vs. 3 universities (York, UofT, Ryerson) and Four Colleges (Centennial, Seneca, Gorge Brown and Humber) you can see how hard it would get. The TTC does currently have post-secondary metropass but you have to be a full-time student at a post-secondary school.
yes it is easier in places like Montreal where there are far fewer universities....oh, wait, what's that Montreal has, what, 5 universties (6 if you count École Polytechnique de Montréal )....but sure, 3 in Toronto makes it hard.

yes it is easier in places like Montreal where there are far fewer universities....oh, wait, what's that Montreal has, what, 5 universties (6 if you count École Polytechnique de Montréal )....but sure, 3 in Toronto makes it hard.

Lol...It’s funny hearing people in Toronto line up excuses for failures in this city as if other cities don’t have similar more complex issues and have been able to find solutions to them.

Union Station?
Doesn't count. Free square on Bingo Board. It was always there at inception (before GO).

Uhh, Kipling Station? Kennedy Station?
Oh yes. 1981 and 2005 respectively.

I meant, first GO station in the Metrolinx era.

At least, in what looks like an increasingly serious series of GO-TTC integration (forced by Eglinton Crosstown LRT) -- but you're right. Thanks for the correction.

Last edited:
This RER - Barrie line has been redesigned. Looks like it's the only page (out of all GO lines) to be redesigned with the new Metrolinx colour/theme.
Key addition is the inclusion of all planned stations along the line:
RER_Barrie_Map.png

I still see York University there. Kirby is there too, despite all the surrounding drama.
Of course, the expected completion date is XXXX.

Confederation GO station (Stoney Creek), and associated track-work, on schedule to begin construction this year.

https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-s...o-train-station-construction-later-this-year/
Finally; about time. I've been concerned about not yet properly utilizing West Harbour GO station (Hamilton not even being on the Niagara seasonal train route). Some of these funds builds extra track between West Harbour and Confederation, and this represents the latest bounds of finally beginning that work.

The Tannery mall is a dead mall if I have ever seen one. Metrolinx needs to expropriate it, grade separate Davis, and construct a parking structure / mixed use development like Port Credit.

This RER - Barrie line has been redesigned. Looks like it's the only page (out of all GO lines) to be redesigned with the new Metrolinx colour/theme.
RER_Barrie_Map.png

I still see York University there. Kirby is there too, despite all the surrounding drama.

Ha! page was returned to its previous design now.

RER_Barrie_Map.png

My opinion is that York Univeristy station should be relocated a bit north against Steeles, and keep a stop at Steeles, with access from Steeles Ave and have a TTC bus stop there.

Only have RER trains stop there.

Use the pavement of the old York University station as a walkway (with a fence along the rail side to indicate its no longer a platform) to the existing entrance, if so someone wants to still use it.

CRtEB3e.jpg

Last edited:

Back