News   Jul 30, 2024
 143     0 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 820     1 
News   Jul 29, 2024
 541     0 

GO Transit: Construction Projects (Metrolinx, various)

My understanding is that one of the attendees/guests at the presser is a developer.....so it might be some TOD that is being announced?

My understanding is that one of the attendees/guests at the presser is a developer.....so it might be some TOD that is being announced?
Ah, Tanenbaum. Missed that part. Yes, so perhaps something else.

There was recently a development approved on Cross Avenue across from the station. Also an office building at Trafalgar & QEW marketing for tenants prior to construction (PCL Constructors was interested, but they are going to Winston Churchill). Perhaps things are starting to coalesce around these parts.

So happy I didn't waste my time this morning tuning in to another frivolous press conference.

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.02.46 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.02.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 10.02.46 AM.png
    240 KB · Views: 385
So happy I didn't waste my time this morning tuning in to another frivolous press conference.

View attachment 105018

And of course, here is your provincial news release which looks like something that was pulled straight from the Beaverton. Feel free to print this and wipe your butt with it.

Soon You Can Get Your Morning Coffee on the GO

April 13, 2017

Ontario is making GO Transit even more convenient for busy commuters by bringing Tim Hortons to select GO stations as part of a year-long pilot project.

Transportation Minister Steven Del Duca visited Oakville GO Station today to announce the new partnership between Kilmer Group and Metrolinx.

This partnership will result in four new Tim Hortons at Oakville, Clarkson, Ajax and Oshawa GO stations starting this spring. Commuters will be able to grab their morning beverage or snack right at the GO station before getting on the train, making it even more convenient to take GO Transit.

Improving people's commute by making it more convenient to use public transit is part of our plan to create jobs, grow our economy and help people in their everyday lives.

Quick Facts
  • The pilot program is expected to start later this spring at Oakville GO Station, followed by Clarkson, Ajax and Oshawa GO stations.
  • The pilot program will run for one year. When the year is over, Metrolinx will determine whether or not to continue at the selected GO stations and roll out the program to other GO station locations.

Quotes

Steven Del Duca: “The new partnership between Kilmer Group and Metrolinx is another way that we are making transit more convenient and more attractive for people to use every day. Making it easier to grab a cup of coffee or a snack on the go is part of our plan to transform public transit across the GTHA.”

Kevin Flynn, MPP for Oakville: “Bringing Tim Hortons to Oakville GO Station is good for commuters. When we make transit easier for people to use—whether by improving stations and service, or by adding services to stations, like coffee to go—we make transit a better, more attractive choice for commuters.”

Bruce McCuaig: “Our Regional Transportation Plan is all about creating better connections between our customers and transit. Our partnership with Kilmer Group is helping us do just that by giving our customers the services they want and need in their everyday lives.”

Last edited:
LOL, quick facts for a "news" release of this sort followed by quotable quotes. Like honestly, how much more unimaginative and rule bound is the minister's shop and the communication people?

No wonder the mayor of Oakville wanted nothing to do with this.

Begs the question, doesn't the minister have better things to do? Like showing up at Union and impress upon them the importance of on time project delivery? Oh wait, I forgot.

“Our Regional Transportation Plan is all about creating better connections between our customers and transit. Our partnership with Kilmer Group is helping us do just that by giving our customers the services they want and need in their everyday lives.”

Better connections between our customers and transit - not coffee and your customers. Apparently beverage delivery is in the Mlinx mission statement and the RTP, important to the point of needing a CEO and Provincial Minster to show up for now. Can't wait to toss these stupids out.

AoD

Last edited:
TBH having a Timmies at GO stations is actually really convenient, it will save commuters time that would otherwise be spent at a drive through on their way to the GO lot, probably comparable time savings to electrification at a fraction of the cost.

TBH having a Timmies at GO stations is actually really convenient, it will save commuters time that would otherwise be spent at a drive through on their way to the GO lot, probably comparable time savings to electrification at a fraction of the cost.

Megatonnes of CO2 saved! Plus early morning caffeine delivery is probably negatively correlated to mean tweets to GO/calls to GO service reps.

Wait till they start missing trains trying to get coffee with 2 minutes to spare.

AoD

Megatonnes of CO2 saved! Plus early morning caffeine delivery is probably negatively correlated to mean tweets to GO/calls to GO service reps.

Wait till they start messing trains trying to get coffee with 2 minutes to spare.

AoD
This is beyond frustrating. Metrolinx needs to 'dance with the AG' as Paul so eloquently put it.

Back