News   Aug 19, 2019
 1.3K     0 

Forum Upgrade

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
@Edward Skira - the outer scroll bar is greyed out. Only the inner darkened bar works. This is a screen capture of this page as I added this post. I am using WIN 7 Pro and Chrome Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Looking into it. Trying to figure out why you have two scroll bars.

Northern Light

Member Bio
Reaction score
Has tagging been altered in some way?

I see I was tagged in a thread, but it didn't show in my Alerts or Inbox.

coldblood

Member Bio
Reaction score
The 'jump to new' feature hasn't been working for me for the past few days. I've been manually scrolling to the newest posts like a common pleb *sigh*

Kitsune

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have two scrolls bar too .... and why was the bottom alert button removed. It was very nice not to have to scroll back up.

achender

Member Bio
Reaction score
I have two scroll bars as well. (Redhat 7, Chrome).
Also, the back button doesn't go back to the page location you were at on the previous page. (it used to).
This results in having to scroll down from the top of the forum list page every time.

Edit: Not sure if it is a coincidence, but I cleared all the cookies for the site and the double scroll bar went away.

Last edited:

TransitBart

Member Bio
Reaction score
With the "started by" avatars gone from thread listings, and the spiffy new UT menu, all of my concerns have been addressed & I am loving the update!

Favourite feature so far: the forum automatically puts uploaded pics right into posts, rather than having to click for the full size image to be included as an extra step.
Oh yeah. That distracting 'started by' avatar is gone. Good. :)

Edward Skira

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score

nfitz

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Thanks for fixing the double scroll bar!

I'm noticing there is a lot of extra space. When opening up a forum page on my desktop with large monitors, I can't actually many of the threads, because it's all emtpy space and headers. Similarly when you open a thread and go right to the top of it.

1542216637465.png

Edward Skira

Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I'm noticing there is a lot of extra space. When opening up a forum page on my desktop with large monitors, I can't actually many of the threads, because it's all emtpy space and headers. Similarly when you open a thread and go right to the top of it.
Top two will be gone when the new site launches. The third is an ad. I assume you are using an ad blocker?

What it will look like with the new site.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at Thursday Nov 15, 2018 12.23.23 PM.png