News   Apr 23, 2024
 549     0 
News   Apr 23, 2024
 1.3K     0 

Forum Upgrade

That’s odd, it works for me.
Us as well.
I'll post if I continue to notice it.

At the moment for some threads it takes me to the first post of the first page, others to the newest unread post. In both situations, there are unread posts. (The button that @PinkLucy shows does take me to the newest unread post either way, but that still introduces a new 'step' to read threads that wasn't necessary before.)

@WislaHD , I didn't actually have to tick off that box, it was pre-ticked so no extra step on my part. I don't know why it was ticked for me however!

I really enjoy browsing on mobile now.

The header at the top is brilliant on mobile.

I echo 44north though. On mobile, it would be practical to have a "last page" button, if a forum thread sends you to the first page. (like in a situation where there are no unread posts)

Mobile has the following updates.

1. The sticky header at the top shows Alerts and more. No reason to have it at the bottom.

IMG_31F2048B93BF-1.jpeg

2. Hamburger menu allows access to the whole site along with other features including new posts.
IMG_35455C606F8F-1.jpeg

I'm sad to see the "most posts" and "most likes" lists of forum members cut short. On the occasions where I would check them, it was nice to see a wide range of members represented, not the 20 that are listed now. And I will admit embarrassingly to being somewhat proud when I first made the "most likes" list (now I'm at least 60 past the cutoff).

Now top 100 @Ottawan

What's with the two scroll bars on the right side (at least viewing the forum on a PC with Chrome)? The outer one doesn't seem to do anything, but seems to be the default, meaning that arrows and page up/down buttons don't work without first selecting part of the screen - making it more work to read.

What's with the two scroll bars on the right side (at least viewing the forum on a PC with Chrome)? The outer one doesn't seem to do anything, but seems to be the default, meaning that arrows and page up/down buttons don't work without first selecting part of the screen - making it more work to read.
Oh, that makes sense why tapping the top on the screen in Safari on iPhone doesn't work.

Can you attach a screen shot? @nfitz

With the "started by" avatars gone from thread listings, and the spiffy new UT menu, all of my concerns have been addressed & I am loving the update!

Favourite feature so far: the forum automatically puts uploaded pics right into posts, rather than having to click for the full size image to be included as an extra step.

Back