News   Mar 28, 2024
 184     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 300     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 668     0 

Forum Upgrade

@Edward Skira - the outer scroll bar is greyed out. Only the inner darkened bar works. This is a screen capture of this page as I added this post. I am using WIN 7 Pro and Chrome Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Looking into it. Trying to figure out why you have two scroll bars.

Has tagging been altered in some way?

I see I was tagged in a thread, but it didn't show in my Alerts or Inbox.

The 'jump to new' feature hasn't been working for me for the past few days. I've been manually scrolling to the newest posts like a common pleb *sigh*

I have two scrolls bar too .... and why was the bottom alert button removed. It was very nice not to have to scroll back up.

I have two scroll bars as well. (Redhat 7, Chrome).
Also, the back button doesn't go back to the page location you were at on the previous page. (it used to).
This results in having to scroll down from the top of the forum list page every time.

Edit: Not sure if it is a coincidence, but I cleared all the cookies for the site and the double scroll bar went away.

Last edited:
With the "started by" avatars gone from thread listings, and the spiffy new UT menu, all of my concerns have been addressed & I am loving the update!

Favourite feature so far: the forum automatically puts uploaded pics right into posts, rather than having to click for the full size image to be included as an extra step.
Oh yeah. That distracting 'started by' avatar is gone. Good. :)

Thanks for fixing the double scroll bar!

I'm noticing there is a lot of extra space. When opening up a forum page on my desktop with large monitors, I can't actually many of the threads, because it's all emtpy space and headers. Similarly when you open a thread and go right to the top of it.

1542216637465.png

I'm noticing there is a lot of extra space. When opening up a forum page on my desktop with large monitors, I can't actually many of the threads, because it's all emtpy space and headers. Similarly when you open a thread and go right to the top of it.

Top two will be gone when the new site launches. The third is an ad. I assume you are using an ad blocker?

What it will look like with the new site.

Screen Shot 2018-11-15 at Thursday Nov 15, 2018 12.23.23 PM.png

Back