News   Jul 17, 2024
 578     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 1.7K     2 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 648     0 

Former President Donald Trump's United States of America

From what I heard the case of trevon Martin shows you have to charge people on something where conviction is achievable then simply appeasing the general public. Or else you have people walking away from getting justice.

Charging the cops as the same as the main cop would cause a huge legal mess.

Aiding and abetting is an appropriate charge for the other cops and will lead to conviction.

It sends a clear message to other cops that you can't simply standby when something horrible is happening.

Last thing the DA wants is a rodney king situation.

Perhaps not. While I am not familiar with US or Minnesota legal procedure, it has similar foundation to ours. If there is evidence and a reasonable prospect of conviction, a charge is appropriate. Whether or not you get a conviction is never guranteed, but it is possible to for a judge/jury to convict of a 'lesser included offence' such as, in their terms, 3rd degree homicide. You can charge high and convict low, but not the other way around. However, you can't charge too high (in this case, for example, 1st degree murder) because you run the risk of having the case tossed for abuse of process (i.e, there is absolutely no evidence to support the charge).

As far as Aiding and Abetting, if their law is anything like ours, it is not a distinct charge. It is a legal definition that makes you party to the substantive offence. There has to be evidence of, you know, aiding and abetting. Simply standing around with your thumb in your butt doesn't cut, although it could be argued that they failed to do something that was their duty to do. I haven't watched the videos that closely but some comment that some or all of the other police officers actually participated at least at some point. In that case, that would do it.

Mattis tears into Trump: 'We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership'

Wed June 3, 2020

Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Wednesday castigated President Donald Trump as "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people" in a forceful rebuke of his former boss as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us," Mattis said in a statement obtained by CNN.

"We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children."

Mattis tears into Trump: 'We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership'

Wed June 3, 2020

Former Secretary of Defense James Mattis on Wednesday castigated President Donald Trump as "the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people" in a forceful rebuke of his former boss as nationwide protests have intensified over the death of George Floyd.

"Donald Trump is the first president in my lifetime who does not try to unite the American people—does not even pretend to try. Instead he tries to divide us," Mattis said in a statement obtained by CNN.

"We are witnessing the consequences of three years of this deliberate effort. We are witnessing the consequences of three years without mature leadership. We can unite without him, drawing on the strengths inherent in our civil society. This will not be easy, as the past few days have shown, but we owe it to our fellow citizens; to past generations that bled to defend our promise; and to our children."

And how do you Twitter-respond to that Donald ?

Just one example of extreme police aggression over the last few days...

Disgusting. Nothing like to serve and protect like shoving someone elderly to the ground. And the humanity of the rest is also suspect - for failing to come to aid. How does atrocities happen? People like these standing by doing nothing when they could.

AoD

Last edited:
Why does mainstream media hype Kamala Harris So much?

Just because someone is a minority does not mean they are righteous...and i think being a minority my self i think i understand that well.

Harris record should have her discredited as being an authority on race.

Wed June 3, 2020

James Mattis: There is no doubt America would descend into a second civil war before I die if we can't get a competent POTUS. And this second civil war will be bloodier than the first. I hope that the next leader will unite Americans to prevent this fate from happening.

Behold! The Trump Death Clock:

There's even an electronic billboard in Times Square that updates in real-time:

1280px-TRUMP_DEATH_CLOCK_2_051920.jpg

Just one example of extreme police aggression over the last few days...

Modestly good news...........

The 2 officers most directly involved in this disgrace have been suspended.

Both should face significant jail time.

As @AlvinofDiaspar said..............the conduct of all those who walked by and did not render aid........is irredeemable

Every last one should be fired; at the very least.

Back