News   Apr 26, 2024
 912     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 257     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 765     0 

Emerald City/Parkway Forest: New Rental Buildings (ELAD Canada, various, WZMH)

I haven't been lately. Thanks for the pic, Probey!
Why they use yellow bricks anyway?? Can't they just stay with the common colour brick?

I thought they will have 8 storeys.

I haven't been lately. Thanks for the pic, Probey!
Why they use yellow bricks anyway?? Can't they just stay with the common colour brick?

I thought they will have 8 storeys.

I guess they try to match the colour of the existing towers. The texture of the precast bricks are much better and smoother than existing ones. It seems like the precast bricks are "hanged" on the tiny hooks on the concrete wall.

I wonder if with this kind of speed, Emerald construction could start earlier.

Does the replacement housing have to finished before they can start on Emerald?

The texture of the precast bricks are much better and smoother than existing ones. It seems like the precast bricks are "hanged" on the tiny hooks on the concrete wall.

Those are tiebacks that hold the brick facade onto the structure as the facade can't support itself. There is also a drip cap molding (?) at every floor slab that allows trapped moisture from behind the brick facade to escape. This is all standard.

Maestro, since current tenants have to be moved to the new rental buildings, I don't think they could start with anything.

the bricks are now all the way up..unfortunately the interior is what takes the longest, and has the most set backs.

I was in the area last night, so here's a quick snapshot from a gloomy rainy day:

4147978042_b3eae796f1_o.jpg

no, I ate at Souvlaki Express at Mt Pleasant / Eglinton. I wanted to got to the Chick'n'Deli across the street but it was packed full with live blues music going on. Not really my crowd these days...

I don't pass by this area all that often, but when I do I'm always amazed at the progress being made with these two towers. I've seem them work well after dark and on week-ends when most other projects are dead quiet.

December 18 2009 update

Bldg 'D1' - roof slab being poured, final height = 8 storeys
Click to Enlarge

Bldg 'A2' - roof slab being poured, final height = 8 storeys

Very impressed by the quality of windows (some floor to ceiling!) + spandrels colour on this 'rental replacement building' :)

Its assuring to see 'real' brick rather than precast brick on this project

I'm liking this potential rooftop architectural feature ~

Thank you for the update, Solaris! You are the best!

I wish they continue to work during the winter.

That's shaping up to be some great midrise. I like the way the two mirrored buildings form a gateway to the area, but I also hope they vary the rest of the midrise stuff along Don Mills or it might get a little monotonous.

Thanks for the pics Solaris!

The progress is amazing, with cladding and windows put on the two towers are looking better and better.

newbuyer, I think interior work will continue during winter.

Back