News   Apr 25, 2024
 357     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     4 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 1K     0 

Emerald City/Parkway Forest: New Rental Buildings (ELAD Canada, various, WZMH)

They should be working during the winter months at a slower pace as it a lot harder to work in the cold.

Unless there is a plan shut down, there is no reason to do so.

I been on sites at -30 with crews taking a break every hour or so. Don't easy to do.

Some contractors are doing climbing hording to cut down on the down time and protect workers better out in the opening.

October 16 2009 update

note: sorry these pictures in full size won't work until October 21st ... it appears that my Photobucket 10 GB monthly bandwidth limit has been exceeded ~ :eek:

Rental Replacement Bldg 'A2' - starting 3rd floor
Click to Enlarge

Rental Replacement Bldg 'D1' - starting 3rd floor

Existing 7 storey rental buildings to be torned down to make way for Emerald City Condominiums

Alright thank you newbuyer. Its too bad that they have to build these rentals before the construction of tower 1, but the progress is nice. I worked on a construction site for a year or so and winter does not stop them from building their might only be some delay.

i went today and they have completed most of the 3rd floor and are getting started on the 4th
With this pace and no delays, they should reach the 8th floor by February/March. I remember back in July, they were working on the one level under the ground floor. Thanks, Mad Man.

Did you buy one as well, MM?

Sounds good to me. Yes, i am a first time buyer just 20 years old so i couldnt afford much, I bought violet. The sq. footage seems a little small i am just hoping it is bigger than i am picturing.

...and then the posts went completely into Real Estate territory, which is where they are now. Please try to keep Construction talk and Real Estate talk in their proper threads!

November 21 2009 update

Very amazed by the speed on construction on the 2 rental replacements buildings ... both are now on the 8th floor and brick is up to the 4th floor already ~ :)

Bldg 'D1'
Click to Enlarge

Bldg 'A2'

wow! Thanks for the update, Solaris!

I wonder if with this kind of speed, Emerald construction could start earlier.

Rental towers D1 and A2 progress update

Solaris you are posting pictures so fast! I just took pictures yesterday and was about to post them :D

I can still see workers working on Saturday, maybe that's why it is progressing so fast. I guess they want to finish all exterior work before snow comes so they can work on the interiors during snowing days.

D1 exterior finish close ups:
4123097532_e8408b5987_b.jpg

Even closer, the finish looks quite good to me :):
4123098404_0d65b06dfe_b.jpg

A2 rising (I counted 7 floors and looks like 8th is progressing, isn't there only 7 storeies?):
4123096394_6b0eaf03ec_b.jpg

Would that be underground parking entrance for A2?
4123098728_fda4a4768c_b.jpg

Last edited:

Back