News   Apr 18, 2024
 538     1 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 1.5K     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 378     0 

Emerald City/Parkway Forest: New Rental Buildings (ELAD Canada, various, WZMH)

These two buildings are the rental replacement buildings. They are 6 or 8 storeys tall (I think, Solaris posted a clear site plan but his photos are not showing up). Construction has not started on the condos yet, which will be located closer to Don Mills.

August 21 2009 update

Rental Replacement Towers 'A2' + 'D1' well underway ~ :)

Daily Commercial News

This article relates to Rental Replacement Towers 'A2' + 'D1' ~ also designed by the same architect as Emerald City Condos ...

WZMH Architects

Digging deep for Parkway Forest project in North York, Ontario
September 9, 2009

110.jpg

WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY

Excavating continues for the Parkway Forest rental apartments at Don Mills Rd. and Sheppard Aves. in North York, Ont.

Lewis Builds Corp. is general contractor of the two, eight-storey buildings and the owner is El-Ad Group Canada Inc. Each building will have 74 units, ground floor community space, and two levels of underground parking with completion scheduled for August 2010. The Parkway Forest project was designed by WZMH Architects. Consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners/ MMM Group Ltd. (structural) and MCW Consultants Ltd. (mechanical/electrical). Subcontractors include: HC Matcon (excavating/shoring); Salit Steel Ltd. (rebar); Avenue Building Corp. (formwork-A2 building); Verdi Inc. (formwork D1-building); and Innocon Inc. (concrete).

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/article/id35230

Daily Commercial News

I'm guessing 'Parkway Forest Buildings 3+4' refers to the next phase of rental replacements (bldg E1+E7) to be built :confused:

RENTAL APARTMENT BUILDING
Proj: 9091189-4
North York, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/PLANS COMPLETE
Parkway Forrest, Building Three & Four Future Development, Don Mills, Sheppard Ave, M2K
$14,000,000 est

Note: This project is on hold. Demolition of existing buildings on the site is complete. Timeframe for construction and Sub trade awards will be finalized pending completion of the Parkway Forrest project, Phases One and Two report number 9062055, at which time tenants from existing buildings on the site will be moved into the new buildings, and the existing buildings will be demolished to make room for Emerald City Tower One, report number 9073704. These Phases will proceed to provide rental replacement buildings for Emerald City Tower Two, report number 9075119. Timeframes for Sub trade tender and construction have not been finalized. Further update Summer, 2010.

Project: reinforced concrete foundation, structural steel frame, brick exterior, curtainwall exterior, fuel fired heating system, proposed construction of two rental replacement buildings. The number of units has not been finalized. The project is intended to be rental replacment buildings for the redevelopment of an existing residential development. Buildings One and Two can be followed under report number 9062055.

Scope: 132,000 square feet; 7 storeys; 1 storey below grade; 2 structures; 150 units

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs

First report Fri Oct 17, 2008. Last report Tue May 12, 2009.
This report Tue Sep 15, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/...5557e8299045&projectid=9091189&region=ontario

Thanks for the pics drum!

Haven't been to the site for few weeks, and now it is already above grade, it is really going up fast!

Thank you for the update, drum118!

I haven't been to the site for a few weeks, and look it that! It's going up fast.

Remember, they are still just building the replacement rental apartments. I wish they were the condo. :(

Will they continue building through the winter, or will they stop?

I don't know if cold weather will stop them from pouring, even if it does, I guess they can do some interior work :D

Back