News   May 17, 2024
 2.2K     3 
News   May 17, 2024
 1.4K     2 
News   May 17, 2024
 9.8K     10 

Downtown Markham

Anyone can tell me a proper way to enter Nexus if i drive from Northbound Birchmount or coming from Westbound Enterprise.

There is a no U-Turn sign right in the entrance on Nexus so I need to make a huge detour ...am i allow to make U turn at the stop sign just a bit further away?

Anyone can tell me a proper way to enter Nexus if i drive from Northbound Birchmount or coming from Westbound Enterprise.

There is a no U-Turn sign right in the entrance on Nexus so I need to make a huge detour ...am i allow to make U turn at the stop sign just a bit further away?

I'm surprised nobody has asked this before -- it's a problem. There are far fewer people turning at the no-turn sign these days, but a few years back I had to slam on the brakes almost daily because of the number of drivers ignoring the signage to turn into the Nexus driveway from the northbound lane.

Verclaire & Birchmount (the first stop sign North) is safer but an awkward intersection to make a u-turn. It seems to me that *for now* the shortest path is to make a left at Verclaire, make the u-turn at Rouge Valley Drive, and then double-back to Birchmount. That's the same u-turn that everyone is already making to park in front of the Verdale buildings.

I honestly hate Markham's 4 lane stop sign controlled intersections, and with the size of the road as it is right now, this area would function better with a small roundabout to facilitate easy access into Nexus from the south.

I'm surprised nobody has asked this before -- it's a problem. There are far fewer people turning at the no-turn sign these days, but a few years back I had to slam on the brakes almost daily because of the number of drivers ignoring the signage to turn into the Nexus driveway from the northbound lane.

Verclaire & Birchmount (the first stop sign North) is safer but an awkward intersection to make a u-turn. It seems to me that *for now* the shortest path is to make a left at Verclaire, make the u-turn at Rouge Valley Drive, and then double-back to Birchmount. That's the same u-turn that everyone is already making to park in front of the Verdale buildings.
I honestly hate Markham's 4 lane stop sign controlled intersections, and with the size of the road as it is right now, this area would function better with a small roundabout to facilitate easy access into Nexus from the south.
Is this what you’re talking about?
CEE4ED8D-21EB-4B71-88FF-DF9CBE8B09BC.png
It does seem like there’s no easy way to enter without a pretty large detour. Maybe a ramp to the underground parking garage from Birchmount northbound is justified (or an underground parking garage connection from a future development)?

Is this what you’re talking about?
View attachment 171174It does seem like there’s no easy way to enter without a pretty large detour. Maybe a ramp to the underground parking garage from Birchmount northbound is justified (or an underground parking garage connection from a future development)?

LOL i wish they make a ramp haha ~

roundabout is actually a good idea but will they listen to us?

Costa Sorento officially opened. We went there last night during the snow storm and surprised that it was close to a full house despite the weather.

Decent Italian food, good selection of wine. Glad there's another food option nearby!

Can we request the traffic light to stay longer for southbound Birchmount ~ lot of cars over that area to enter Aviva

Looks all the retail at the Marriott/Signiture Condo on the south side is all leased now.

Wonder why they can’t lease the remaining retail spaces across the street at the origin and at the nexus as fast. I noticed Subway had shutdown, possibly due to not paying their rent? My guess is the landlord has to lower their rental rates.

Back