News   Apr 26, 2024
 144     1 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 158     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 586     0 

Downtown Markham

On the northeast corner? It's another condo building.

No, the York Condo seems to be turning out quite nice - much better quality than Minto Westside which is a comparable design. I'm asking about the construction on the south east corner of Warden and Enterprise - in between the Honeywell and Motorola buildings.

No, the York Condo seems to be turning out quite nice - much better quality than Minto Westside which is a comparable design. I'm asking about the construction on the south east corner of Warden and Enterprise - in between the Honeywell and Motorola buildings.

I think it's supposed to be a multi level garage.

Also Lanna Thai Cuisine is moving into the Signature across from the Carousel! So excite!

It’s quite surprising @Starbucks hasn’t leased a retail unit in Downtown Markham. I think the remaining units in the nexus building would be a perfect spot to open up.

It’s quite surprising @Starbucks hasn’t leased a retail unit in Downtown Markham. I think the remaining units in the nexus building would be a perfect spot to open up.

Funny that you mention this. I was just having this same conversation with my wife. While there's 3x in the vicinity of Woodbine and Hwy 7, one inside Longo's, Chapters and the new standalone across from LA Fitness.

Yet nothing between Woodbine until Main St Unionville. And Major Mac all the way to Steele's. It's gotta be a Starbucks free zone or something lol

So I saw movement inside the Cherry Berry space. Looks like they finally found a tenant to take the space, hope it's something good!

Also noticed that there were some backhoes on the land where the Gallery condos are supposed to be. Are they breaking ground already before York condos are complete?! I hope soooooo, they really need to get moving on building the area.

Also noticed that there were some backhoes on the land where the Gallery condos are supposed to be. Are they breaking ground already before York condos are complete?!

With the York condos, the digging and foundation work started once the exterior build was completed on the Signature. They were pouring the concrete of the York parking levels in the Summer 2017. The digging out for the signature buildings was in Summer 2014. If they're sticking to this approach, they should be ramping up at the Gallery site.

I hope soooooo, they really need to get moving on building the area.

Why build something in 2 years when you can do it in 4? ?

Funny that you mention this. I was just having this same conversation with my wife. While there's 3x in the vicinity of Woodbine and Hwy 7, one inside Longo's, Chapters and the new standalone across from LA Fitness.

Yet nothing between Woodbine until Main St Unionville. And Major Mac all the way to Steele's. It's gotta be a Starbucks free zone or something lol

If you're in need of caffeine, Patisserie Fleur pulls a pretty good 'cuppa.

If you're in need of caffeine, Patisserie Fleur pulls a pretty good 'cuppa.
Will definitely have to check it out!
Still hope Starbucks leases a unit in the foreseeable future. I’m sure business will do well for the area and bring more foot traffic and a lively vibe to the nexus retail units.

The construction that started on the gallery square site is the street utilities they’re installing. I expect gallary square to break their ground shortly after.

Lol was looking at some of the new townhouses north of Hwy 7 and Village Parkway and noticed these pretty shady tactics stating the sq ft including the terrace, balcony and porch.

Asking price $1,490,000 for approx. 2500 Sq ft living space. Craziness for new builds.

I suppose at least they're being up-front about it. I'm more bothered by interior new build square footage estimates. They're supposed to be based on livable space, and in my experience they typically wouldn't include square footage from an unfinished basement (which is good). But it seems to me that the standard practice is to base advertised square footage on the exterior wall-to-wall floor dimensions. Our place was marketed as over 2800 sq ft. But the only way you can get to that number is if you include floor space taken up by stairs (~400), the tiled areas in the unfinished basement (~200), and interior walls. What I'd consider the actual "livable space" is much lower.

Back