News   Jul 17, 2024
 47     0 
News   Jul 17, 2024
 432     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 882     2 

Danforth Line 2 Scarborough Subway Extension

not if they make it shallow. (i.e. Old Mill or Leslie style).
It''s already designed as deep.

I guess you could toss out the entire, almost ready to tender design,and delay the project by many more years ...

... oh wait - this is Doug Ford isn't it - yeah, you nailed it. Shallow it is ...

Or better yet ... come on we are talking McCowan Road in Scarborough ... elevated like in Vancouver. Works in Burnaby ...

She clearly said Rob pushed for it if you go thru the thread. "Meanwhile, Ford has said the original three-stop subway his brother Rob pushed for should be built..." Nothing about the Liberals or TTC who were the real pushers. Never have i seen the mention of Robs agreement for LRT

Of course Doug said he'll build the 3 stop. The one stop "planning" was lunacy and its the best path forward to achieve a connected Centre at this stage.

Although i should have added there are some good points to be made, but its unfortunate they saturate them in a propaganda narrative and worse mislead their readers with polarizing spin.

And given I wrote this before the Province's letters were public, it's clear Doug Ford is pushing for the three-stop project. So it's now Doug pushing for it and that's what the Star is reporting. Not sure what the concern is on the Star simply reporting what Doug Ford wants, especially given the news of the letters.

This information broke in two letters dated March 22 and 26, 2019 from Michael Lindsay, Special Advisor to the Cabinet – Transit Upload, and Shelley Tapp, Deputy Minister of Transportation, together with a report from the Toronto City Manager, Chris Murray, dated March 26.

The Province has four priority projects, although some of the information about them is vague:

• A three-stop Scarborough Subway Extension [SSE]

[And yes, I realize I'm linking to a "Downtown NDPer" who you probably completely reject as a credible source on this topic.]

Between March 22nd and March 26th, the province walked back their statement about project costs doubling, and they moved the SSE terminus from STC to Sheppard East.

This is comically incompetent at this point. This government wants to take over a subway, yet they can’t even seem to pin down the costs of these projects, or what these projects will look like. Bumbling incompetence abound.

So add in two stations and we're at 4.5 billion. Money well spent. I'll actually consider moving back to Scarborough.

I hoped it would be higher so we could once and for all end this circus
There's a flip side to this though: The higher figures mean that there's greater opportunity for Private Investment to look at it and think: "We could do it for cheaper than that, run it, as well as build and own it, and make a good return". Frankly, I don't see much chance of government being involved in these projects unless it's via the Infrastructure Bank, and I mean the Canada one. Province is trying to push theirs in a 'me too' fashion, but who's going to take the present QP clownfest seriously and risk their investment with dope dealers and car salesmen?

It's not really higher - it's had some scope creep. If you wanted to be a butt about it you could cut back public realm improvements and you'd be back at the original estimate.
It's also slipped by 3-4 years. If it's only $4 billion it might have even come down in cost in 2015$ (or some standardized year), when the scope creep and Tritillion terminal.

It's not really higher - it's had some scope creep. If you wanted to be a butt about it you could cut back public realm improvements and you'd be back at the original estimate.
How many (hundreds of) millions of dollars did it cost to save that small clump of trees at Ellesmere?

So add in two stations and we're at 4.5 billion. Money well spent. I'll actually consider moving back to Scarborough.

Keep in mind we're at $4 billion right now. How much does it go up by the time they're anywhere close beginning construction?

Two more stops would likely push it well past $5 billion, probably closer to $6 billion.

Back