News   Apr 26, 2024
 819     3 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 254     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 747     0 

COVID-19 Measures (updated list at top of thread)

So Edmonton LRT decided to open all doors at all stations to prevent riders touching a button. So TTC is doing it right all along. LOL

Appears kw is doing this as well. Last 3-4 times I rode all doors auto opened. (Then I stopped riding it due to work telling us all to work from home)

Hamilton, Halifax, and Montreal, have all moved to rear door boarding to reduce the chance of the driver being infected.
You can add Durham and Burlington to that too. TTC has said “all-door boarding” will now happen on buses, though I imagine many operators will be using the rear doors only.

Honestly the TTC should be reducing service right now anyway. Reduces employee exposure, and saves money in a time when ridership and revenue is down severely.
I drive the Allen each morning and afternoon and the subways look empty. Might as well close it down. London UK announced today several tube line closures.

In keeping of having more space per rider, you scale back on some service with longer headway, but not to the point of peak load all day long. You can't close the subway as it will put too much pressure on bus routes to the point you are at square one and worse off.

What one sees from a car or standing next to a line/route doesn't come close to what taking place on a vehicle in the first place.

Brampton Transit released the new schedules: Saturday service, with a few earlier trips and additional rush-hour runs on a few routes, like 501/501A.

The following routes are canceled, as they only run on weekdays:
  • 501C Züm Queen (501/501A still operating)
  • 561 Züm Queen West
  • 1A Queen (1 Queen still operating)
  • 5A Bovaird (5 Bovaird still operating)
  • 15A Bramalea (15 Bramalea still operating)
  • 18B Dixie (18 Dixie still operating)
  • 21 Heart Lake
  • 25 Edenbrook
  • 28 Wanless
  • 29A Williams (29 Williams still operating)
  • 36 Gardenbrooke
  • 40 Central Industrial
  • 50A Gore Road (50 Gore Road still operating)
  • 55 Elbern Markell
  • 58 Financial Drive
  • 65 Seniors Shoppper
  • 81 Mayfield West
  • 104 Chinguacousy Express
  • 185 Dixie Express
  • 199 UTM Express
  • iRide School Special Routes (200-217)
Routes 10 and 20, which are industrial rush-hour routes, will continue to operate, as will the 92 GO Train shuttle. These are the exceptions to the list.

Back