News   Apr 18, 2024
 645     3 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 237     0 
News   Apr 18, 2024
 558     0 

COVID-19 Measures (updated list at top of thread)

You can call for all the safe distancing you want and try to enforce, but when a transit system is 40 years out of touch and riders who only think of themselves, you will never have a safe system. Same goes for face mask, as it is an health issue to some to wear one.

Before this mess, riders who forcing themselves onto sardine vehicles when another was only a minute or 2 away with the fear that the following car could be short turn along the route which was very common. Line management was and is DOA still today.

The first time I saw 504 cars on Wed, there were 5 cars all bunch up. The first car was to short turn at Parliament, the next 2 were 504B and the last 2 were 504A. When I went to get an 504B a few hours later, 2 504A show up. Check NextBus and the next 504B was 24 minutes out with 4 504A in front of it. I then caught the 65 since it was due in 5. While waiting for the 65, a 504 came south on Parliament from Gerard or Calton St to go west.

Bunching is caused by a number of things from traffic to riders, but in the end, line management needs to be around to deal with it.

TTC and council knew in the 90's that a new fleet was to be order, yet took close to 10 years to start the process and have the bean counters to cut back on the number of cars that should be bought in the first place I said then and still do, that all we did was to move from one cattle car system to another and still have no room for future riders, let along people with stroller or the accessibility community by not buying 252 cars then at a number of TTC meetings..

The talk of the DRL been around since 1908, yet here we are still talking about it and a fool who wants it to be something else; go where riders aren't and not taking it up to Steeles where it will do the most good. Count my words, come 2050, ridership will demand a 2nd Yonge line to be built on top of having the DRL up to Steeles.

Subway is not the only option of moving riders, but been the mind thinking for decades that it has to be, as well jumping from a bus to subway without looking at a BRT or an LRT. We already got one white elephant in the system that only justify an BRT, but an LRT has been the prefer choice for future needs.

To make a point on safe distance, was on a bus today where riders were standing in the doorway and refused to move when riders wanted on or off. How do you deal with these folks as they were doing it before this mess?? You can go to any system in the past and you will find riders standing in the wheel well area or the doors.

Quality of service is a must and that means more vehicles purchase and personnel hire to operate them, but who going to pay for this quality of service when we can't meet yesterday needs???

On 3 route 29 buses on Sat that should had been Bus Full as the ridership exceed the standards for 60's buses as well having riders sitting in seats they shouldn't in the first place as well 2 standing in both doorways. Saw a few Sorry full bus going north at Queen for 29 Route. Some of the 504 were bad as well.

Was on a subway car where crime tape was used in place of the signs and someone sat on those seats as the tap was broken or stretch compare to the flat 45 angle seen on most seats. Couple of the 504 cars had torn signs on them.

What I saw by the cycles going north on Strachan Ave, let alone the Lake Shore, no safe distance. Then the parks at Fort York and the Lake Shore had some safe distance, but mostly out of the window with groups larger than 5. Between 60-75% of the public had no mask at all, even on sidewalks. Only wear my mask on Transit and around large groups.

Mississauga Transit wants riders to use mask and cut in service starts June 1. I heard riders were waiting up to 3 buses before getting on and that is over an hour wait.

I don't know about others, more people out and using transit this past week and with pending service cuts, overcrowding going to take place more than before.

Saw on of the new shields for Mississauga and protect the driver more than TTC, but has no door. A door is a must.

Back