News   Apr 25, 2024
 251     0 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 805     2 
News   Apr 25, 2024
 813     0 

College Park 444 Yonge/33 College/777 Bay (renovations, Canderel, ground levels, WZMH)

I'd be curious as to how they would re-route the flow-through from College Station exit to the rest of the College Park complex if Metro take over the existing food court.

AoD

Why would you think GWL (old College Park) care about re-routing pedestrian flow out of College Park station in their mall, into competing mall? Look at the crap job between GWL (old College Park) and Aura (Canderel) full of a series of steep stairs at sharp corners and split level elevator / handicap-lift system. GWL (old College Park) will likely figure out a way to make their connection to Canderel’s newer College Park (777 Bay) even worst.

Why would you think GWL (old College Park) care about re-routing pedestrian flow out of College Park station in their mall, into competing mall? Look at the crap job between GWL (old College Park) and Aura (Canderel) full of a series of steep stairs at sharp corners and split level elevator / handicap-lift system. GWL (old College Park) will likely figure out a way to make their connection to Canderel’s newer College Park (777 Bay) even worst.

Unless GWL completely revamps the space past where the ex-Richtree used to be, they will still need through traffic.

AoD

If Metro takes over some or all old College Park food court area, I’m assuming the food court would be relocated to ex-Richtree area

Saturday:
20191202_120420.jpg
20191130_142316.jpg

^ That wall would be a great spot for a mural.
It would, but it would still leave that awful concrete waste at the base, so that needs to be fixed up too… otherwise, I would be tempted to do some infill development back there: that park/courtyard area could be great if the buildings surrounding it addressed it properly, and face of the College Park complex here is where the biggest improvements could be made.

Came across renderings that I’d never seen, listed under the ‘concept’ category on the GrazianI + Corazza website, featuring this site. There’s no date stamp on them, so I‘m unaware how old these are.
Have a look.

Image source: https://www.gc-architects.com/projects/777-bay.html

777bay_01.jpg

777bay_03.jpg

bay_06.jpg

777Bay.JPG

bay_07.jpg

bay_08.jpg

For the love of God, please stop Canderel and G+C. I dont know how both of these firms consistently find a way to make things look even worse then they were before.

It's like they consulted with Cadillac Fairview and their project at the Simpson's Tower and asked them, "ok guys, how can we one up you and make a re-clad even worse and more incoherent".

I was just going to breathe a huge sigh of relief, but then at the back of my head the thought crept up that they might be coming up with something that's even worse?

I've seen another proposal for that end of the building as well. If memory serves UofT was the supposed tenant

Back