News   Apr 17, 2024
 1.1K     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 324     0 
News   Apr 17, 2024
 2K     1 

Coffee Time

They do? That casts them in an entirely new light.

All last week I was soooo good, but last night I bought four eclairs at that dreadful Dominion in Market Square ... and ate them all after supper!

All last week I was soooo good, but last night I bought four eclairs at that dreadful Dominion in Market Square ... and ate them all after supper!

Coffee Time was the last place I looked for them. After Tim Hortons stopped selling them I was in panic for a year. Finally went into a Coffee Time (one being close to my house) and lo and behold, there they were.

Not very fresh though...

Sometimes I wonder if i shouldn't just buy Chocolate dip donuts (from Tim Hortons) then go to the supermarket and buy some whipped cream to put on top of the donut.

I personally can't think of a Coffee Time that isn't a hive of the neighbourhood drug trade. That is not to say that there is necessarily a link to the ownership but it is certainly true of many of the patrons.

Next time you have a craving go to a Coffee Time, observe the cleanliness and surroundings and in about five seconds you won't feel like an eclair anymore.

I personally can't think of a Coffee Time that isn't a hive of the neighbourhood drug trade. That is not to say that there is necessarily a link to the ownership but it is certainly true of many of the patrons.
I keep hoping the CT on Parliament and Winchester in Cabbagetown will close down for this reason.

How about various "industrial park" type Coffee Times (is the Caledonia/Castlefield one still around, f'rinstance?)

The CT on Broadview south of Danforth seems OK enough. Mostly seniors though, it was alot busier when the smoking room was open. I miss the deli restaurant that was there before, the name escapes me now. I found it a little pricey at the time, but the cabbage rolls were delicious, just like home cooking, usually had them once a month.

I noticed CT closed at the corner of O'Conner and Donlands. That was one scary place, I bought a coffee there once 5 years ago and never returned. Next I hope they close the gas bar and flatten the place and put some well deserved residential in its place.

A very large Tim Horton's just opened up directly across the street from Coffee Time at Bloor & Dufferin. That's sure to spell death for the Coffee Time there.

For all its scumminess, it's a wonder Coffee Time still sponsors various radio and TV shows, newscasts, etc.

Maybe the most sublime example of Coffee Time being inimitably Coffee Time is the King/Queen/Roncy location...

Back