579     1 
News   Oct 19, 2020
 655     1 

Coffee Time

Urban Shocker

Doyenne
Member Bio
Reaction score
They do? That casts them in an entirely new light.

All last week I was soooo good, but last night I bought four eclairs at that dreadful Dominion in Market Square ... and ate them all after supper!

rpgr

Member Bio
Reaction score

All last week I was soooo good, but last night I bought four eclairs at that dreadful Dominion in Market Square ... and ate them all after supper!
Coffee Time was the last place I looked for them. After Tim Hortons stopped selling them I was in panic for a year. Finally went into a Coffee Time (one being close to my house) and lo and behold, there they were.

Not very fresh though...

Sometimes I wonder if i shouldn't just buy Chocolate dip donuts (from Tim Hortons) then go to the supermarket and buy some whipped cream to put on top of the donut.

TrickyRicky

Member Bio
Reaction score
I personally can't think of a Coffee Time that isn't a hive of the neighbourhood drug trade. That is not to say that there is necessarily a link to the ownership but it is certainly true of many of the patrons.

dt_toronto_geek

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score

Next time you have a craving go to a Coffee Time, observe the cleanliness and surroundings and in about five seconds you won't feel like an eclair anymore.

Admiral Beez

Member Bio
Reaction score
I personally can't think of a Coffee Time that isn't a hive of the neighbourhood drug trade. That is not to say that there is necessarily a link to the ownership but it is certainly true of many of the patrons.
I keep hoping the CT on Parliament and Winchester in Cabbagetown will close down for this reason.

adma

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
How about various "industrial park" type Coffee Times (is the Caledonia/Castlefield one still around, f'rinstance?)

billonlogan

Member Bio
Reaction score
The CT on Broadview south of Danforth seems OK enough. Mostly seniors though, it was alot busier when the smoking room was open. I miss the deli restaurant that was there before, the name escapes me now. I found it a little pricey at the time, but the cabbage rolls were delicious, just like home cooking, usually had them once a month.

billonlogan

Member Bio
Reaction score
I noticed CT closed at the corner of O'Conner and Donlands. That was one scary place, I bought a coffee there once 5 years ago and never returned. Next I hope they close the gas bar and flatten the place and put some well deserved residential in its place.

casaguy

Member Bio
Reaction score
A very large Tim Horton's just opened up directly across the street from Coffee Time at Bloor & Dufferin. That's sure to spell death for the Coffee Time there.

adma

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
For all its scumminess, it's a wonder Coffee Time still sponsors various radio and TV shows, newscasts, etc.

Maybe the most sublime example of Coffee Time being inimitably Coffee Time is the King/Queen/Roncy location...