News   Mar 28, 2024
 370     0 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 365     1 
News   Mar 28, 2024
 713     0 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

Not sure if this news was already posted, but Hazelton Lanes is getting renamed.

Even more interesting was the below quote in the article:

http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2016/1/hazelton-lanes?platform=hootsuite

First Capital Realty also has big plans for the surrounding neighbourhood, including adding more luxury retail to the mix. Last year, it purchased several neighbouring retail properties, including 80-100, 102-104, 106-108, and 136-138 Yorkville Avenue. First Capital currently owns about 80% of the north side of Yorkville Avenue between Hazelton Avenue and Bellair Street and last year, we reportedthat the landlord would like to eventually own much of the commercial space on both Yorkville Avenue and Cumberland Street. So far, Chanel is a confirmed tenant in 2017 for an 8,400 square foot retail space currently occupied by Teatro Verde at 98 Yorkville Avenue (Teatro Verde will move into the former Hazelton Lanes mall) and several other luxury brands have shown interest in adjacent street-front properties.

If this is true and one landlord will own most of the space in Yorkville then I think it is great news and will do a lot to get better brands into the area.

that's one of the reasons why yorkdale was able to attract the brands by giving them exactly what they wanted which bloor and Yorkville could not

that's one of the reasons why yorkdale was able to attract the brands by giving them exactly what they wanted which bloor and Yorkville could not

Makes sense. The only problem that remains is the lack of single landlord on Bloor itself. If the current landlords would be willing to work together to accommodate retailers it would do so much for the street.

Do we know where exactly at 99 Yorkville? I assume the old Maison de la Press spot? Or Paper Things?

I assume it's the empty space above The Candle Emporium and Second Time Around, as the application indicates three levels to be altered, and another for alteration to an existing exterior stair. There doesn't seem to be much to be altered to the steps to the old Maison de la Presse? But then this arrangement might require Candle Emporium and Second Time Around to move. But this is just a guess- did Maison de la Presse have a subterranean level? I can't remember.

Also, the Spanish jeweller Carrera y Carrera opened their only shop in North America on Old York Lane a little while ago- I don't think this has been mentioned here.

I assume it's the empty space above The Candle Emporium and Second Time Around, as the application indicates three levels to be altered, and another for alteration to an existing exterior stair. There doesn't seem to be much to be altered to the steps to the old Maison de la Presse? But then this arrangement might require Candle Emporium and Second Time Around to move. But this is just a guess- did Maison de la Presse have a subterranean level? I can't remember.

Also, the Spanish jeweller Carrera y Carrera opened their only shop in North America on Old York Lane a little while ago- I don't think this has been mentioned here.

I *think* it did. Storage was downstairs, I think (but I could be imagining things) and French language books were upstairs. I don't know where else it *WOULD* be without requiring moves.

Not sure where to post this, hence leaving this here: new render from First Capital for 84 Yorkville ave (the location that was burnt down few years ago).

84yorkville.png

Please remove if this has been posted before.

Attachments

• 84yorkville.png
    84yorkville.png
    932.9 KB · Views: 993

Maison de la pressed had 3 floors. Two public and the basement was storage.

That closing was a huge loss imo... I no longer know where to buy French books. Well now we can have more red soles in yorkville!

Back