1.8K     1 

Bloor-Yorkville Scene

prosperegal

Member Bio
Reaction score

ardwold1

Member Bio
Reaction score
Do we know where exactly at 99 Yorkville? I assume the old Maison de la Press spot? Or Paper Things?

I assume it's the empty space above The Candle Emporium and Second Time Around, as the application indicates three levels to be altered, and another for alteration to an existing exterior stair. There doesn't seem to be much to be altered to the steps to the old Maison de la Presse? But then this arrangement might require Candle Emporium and Second Time Around to move. But this is just a guess- did Maison de la Presse have a subterranean level? I can't remember.

Also, the Spanish jeweller Carrera y Carrera opened their only shop in North America on Old York Lane a little while ago- I don't think this has been mentioned here.

prosperegal

Member Bio
Reaction score
I assume it's the empty space above The Candle Emporium and Second Time Around, as the application indicates three levels to be altered, and another for alteration to an existing exterior stair. There doesn't seem to be much to be altered to the steps to the old Maison de la Presse? But then this arrangement might require Candle Emporium and Second Time Around to move. But this is just a guess- did Maison de la Presse have a subterranean level? I can't remember.

Also, the Spanish jeweller Carrera y Carrera opened their only shop in North America on Old York Lane a little while ago- I don't think this has been mentioned here.

I *think* it did. Storage was downstairs, I think (but I could be imagining things) and French language books were upstairs. I don't know where else it *WOULD* be without requiring moves.

ardwold1

Member Bio
Reaction score

UrbanLurker

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, hence leaving this here: new render from First Capital for 84 Yorkville ave (the location that was burnt down few years ago).

84yorkville.png

Please remove if this has been posted before.

Attachments

• 84yorkville.png
    84yorkville.png
    932.9 KB · Views: 467

Filip

Member Bio
Reaction score

Maison de la pressed had 3 floors. Two public and the basement was storage.

That closing was a huge loss imo... I no longer know where to buy French books. Well now we can have more red soles in yorkville!

Retail-Insider

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this, hence leaving this here: new render from First Capital for 84 Yorkville ave (the location that was burnt down few years ago).

View attachment 65466

Correct -- the new new Louboutin will feature 2,625 square feet of retail space over the first and second floors, as well as a 1,230 square foot basement that will be used for storage/back room operations. Louboutin took possession of the space today to begin construction, and the store opens late spring/early summer: http://www.retail-insider.com/retail-insider/2016/2/christian-louboutin. The store will have some sort of garden in the back we're told.

First Capital Realty is also looking at rebuilding 106 Yorkville Avenue, particularly as retailers such as Tom Ford and Brunello Cucinelli have expressed interest in these spaces. 84 has seen less interest but should still be considered prime space. Watch for a few more announcements on the street.

Benito

Member Bio
Reaction score

View attachment 65466

Wow, finally something planned for that location. A friend of mine had a clothing store there many years ago, it was called SUM. It changed a few times after he closed his shop. I can't believe it has been so long since the fire before hearing anything about this site.

vatche

Member Bio
Reaction score
A few more restaurants with patios, a few more high end stores and more greenery and yorkville will look sumptuous

pw20

Member Bio
Reaction score
It appears as if Stuart Weitzman is closing (no great loss).
http://www.cbre.ca/AssetLibrary/ArlinMarkowitz-151BloorWestFlyer.pdf

That leaves Stuart Weitzman, NineWest, The Pottery Barn part of 100 Bloor + Chanel and Sephora's old spaces for lease in the Colonnade*

*This assumes Sephora is moving to the old Porsche + Guess space and Gucci takes over Hermes after they move next to Holts. I'm also assuming that Dior + Cucinelli (and perhaps others like Longchamp/Ferragamo) are going to Yorkville.

lead82

Member Bio
Reaction score
Anyone know what is happening for the art piece that was supposed to go at Bloor and Yonge north east corner. There was construction a few summers back and then it stopped and it's now paved over with asphalt instead of the granite pavers.

ardwold1

Member Bio
Reaction score
It appears as if Stuart Weitzman is closing (no great loss).
http://www.cbre.ca/AssetLibrary/ArlinMarkowitz-151BloorWestFlyer.pdf

That leaves Stuart Weitzman, NineWest, The Pottery Barn part of 100 Bloor + Chanel and Sephora's old spaces for lease in the Colonnade*

*This assumes Sephora is moving to the old Porsche + Guess space and Gucci takes over Hermes after they move next to Holts. I'm also assuming that Dior + Cucinelli (and perhaps others like Longchamp/Ferragamo) are going to Yorkville.

This brochure for 151 Bloor includes a map of retailers along Bloor, indicating the old Guess/Porsche space to be the "Future Sephora"